Coughing Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolealexis

Hey everyone,

I have my chinchilla for a year now and a couple times a week she will randomly start coughing (at least that's what it sounds like). There are no signs of illness and it acting like her usual hyper happy self. But her coughing worries me because my other chin has never done anything like this. It almost sounds like a mini asthma attack or something, but it only lasts for maybe 15 sec. Should I be worried?

Thank you for your time and help would be appreciated.

It's more of a weezy cough, definitely not high pitched. Also, I know she's not choking because she's never eating on anything when she does this.

Not at all. She'll be inside her house or just sitting on the top bench of her cage and start doing it. There's no rhyme or reason as to when she'll start.

Exactly! But I should note that there is no stresser. I'll just be studying and then she'll start.And like I said, it only lasts for 15 seconds.

It's not coughing, so no worries there. It could just be him wanting attention. Some chins do it because they want you to come to them, not because they are stressed (others do it because they are stressed). All chins are different. You may just have a vocal chinny.

Latest posts

Back