College Students with Chins??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in my second year of Pre Vet school, and I have 2 boys. I had Bryson when I was attending school to get my Vet Tech certificate, and apartments are really good about chins because they are "caged" animals. In 2 years I'm moving back to Tennessee to attend Vet School at UT. I can't wait! But I will have a cat then too. Hope the chins get used to him.

Junior in Computer Science at NC State University - will be entering a BS in Zoology or Animal Science w/ Small Animal concentration after I finish this degree..

Oh awesome! I just moved to AZ from Raleigh, and my brother just graduated there and majored in Meteorology. :)

I'm a senior at UBC (University of British Columbia) majoring in computer science. I'm currently doing my 2nd work term for co-op and I have 2 left, so I have lots of time to take care of my chins when I'm off work. I won't actually graduate until the end of 2010 or possibly early 2011, even though I only have 4 courses left to take, since my last work term ends next April. I may or may not add an extra work term for next summer since I will have those 4 months off, but I kinda like the idea of having a long (and my last!) summer holiday before school starts. :p

I can't believe I just now found this thread. I'm a senior at Ohio University (NOT Ohio State lol) and I am majoring in Early Childhood Education as well as music. I've had my chin for 2 months now, but haven't named him yet =(

Sophomore at University of Nebraska getting a BS in Fisheries & Wildlife: Zoo Animal Care.
Woot woot for internships at the Henry Doorly Zoo.
Plus living in Lincoln in an off-campus house for $190/month doesn't hurt me or my little kit. :dance3:

I am a 5th year Pharmacy student at Temple University in Philadelphia PA (YAY only 2 years left!!) . We have 4 boys... They are not very helpful when I am trying to study though (They like to chew on my books or try to grab my papers and run with them!! )

I'm a junior at California State Polytechnic University of Pomona majoring in Zoology and I currently have about 40 chinchillas ;)

Im a Senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in both Biology and Chemistry. I've had chinchillas for 3 years now and my current chin, Sidney Crosby will be traveling with me next year when I go to graduate school to get my Ph.D in Chemistry! Also my boyfriend just started his first year of Medical School! He graduated with a degree in biology and a minor in chemistry!

I'm a grad student at Notre Dame DeNamur University in clinical psychology going into my second year.
I have one chin Ferdinand!

I'm a sophomore at University of Maryland, Baltimore County, majoring in graphic design. I have two boys that currently live at my boyfriend's house until we can afford an apartment closer to school.

I'm finishing my second year of PhD in Communication and Culture at York University in Toronto.
I got my Master's degree in Film Studies from Concordia University and my Bachelor Honours degree in French Studies.

I have three chins with my partner and we live off-campus, thankfully.

I go to boston university and i'm majoring in nutritional science. i'm going into my 4th year.

i don't have a chin yet but i'm getting one in a few days!!!
i live offcampus.
my mom is concerned that the new apartment i'm getting won't allow animals. its an apartment owned by a restaurant. its only 2 floors with 2 rooms per floor. he didn't mention no animals, but if its owned by a restaurant i wonder if there's laws about rodents... =(

How many of you out there are college students?

and if you wouldn't mind...
What Year? 3rd year/ish lol
What school? Chapman University/local Junior College/UCI
What major? Premed/Prevet/Nursing English Major

I know confusing right? I cant make up my mind :hmm: So many choices in the medical field. Hopefully my internship with Hoag Hospital will help me :thumbsup: I am currently a doctor’s assistant at a local vet specialty facility
:dance3:

Oh and I have 3 dogs and 2 chins... I dont worry too much about places not allowing me to have animals. I have moved about 3 times and always found a place. If you look hard enough you find them. I currently share rent on a home with a great backyard!

Last edited:
I am going on to my first year beginning the end of august. I'm attending a community college near me and I'm majoring in an ultrasound techinician.

I'm starting my second year of Prevet at Scottsdale Community College, and minoring in Equine Sciences.

After that I will be attending the University of Tennessee for Vet school.

I just graduated from Apollo College (9 month college) with my Vet Tech degree.

I'm so overloaded!! But it's worth it.

In the fall, I'll be:
A second year...
at the University of Utah...
majoring in art!
I decided to take the summer off to spend more time with my family, friends, and of course, Tribble! I also did it to set up a new cage for her. Hooray for Ferret Nation! And if any of you are students at the U of U as well, feel free to message me if you ever want to hang out!

I am a junior at Northern Kentucky University and majoring in nursing. I have 4 chins whom also dont help much while im trying to study. They love to chew my papers, books and take my pen :)
You gotta love them though!!

I am a graduate of Ramapo College of NJ with a BA in Psychology and a first year Grad Student at Fordham University for Masters in Social Work. I have had Tilly for two years in school and then got Gizmo and Freckles my senior year.

PS Im jealous of everyone who pursued a career with their love of animals. I am from a metro area and people seem to look at that as an unrealistic profession, and being young and stupid I strayed away from it and regret it now. MRM!

Big changes since I last posted here! I've decided to go into veterinary technology instead of furthering my studies in Biology. Once I receive my vet tech degree, I may go back to get my Bachelor's in Biology.

I start classes and clinicals in September. Until then I am preparing to make the big move up to Indianapolis..going from living in a small city all my life to a large one. But I'm very excited for new surroundings and new school :D

Back