College Students with Chins??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senior at Saint Leo University in Florida
English Major specializing in Advanced Literary Studies
1 female chin - Koda :)

I'm a graduate student, so I guess that kind of counts, even though it's been years since I lived in a dorm.

University of Nebraska, major in Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communication (minor in Animal Science). If not for the dang thesis I'd be done by now (grumble grumble).

I'm in my third year at Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, MI

Graphic design major

Fifth-year senior of BFA Interior Design at University of Idaho (minor in Architecture), graduating in May.

Husband is a dual major Production Operations Management BS and Information Systems BS, also graduating in May.

And one chin, a year-old BV from Spokane named Hero. :)

I am a freshman :no:, I go to Sullivan University in Lexington, KY and I am majoring in Sales and Marketing

I am a senior at Grand Valley State University in Michigan. I'm majoring in Cellular and Molecular biology with a double minor in Spanish and Gender Studies.

I've had my chin about a year. She's just over two-years old. I rescued her from a family of screaming children who couldn't understand why she kept shedding (they release hair when they're frightened).

It's a bit hard being a college student because most student apartments don't allow animals. However, she's well worth the extra effort.

I have found that most apartments don't allow pets as well. But i have had her in two separate apartments that say no pets without a problem. Tika is so "contained," you wouldn't know she was there unless she got loose or i had her out, i haven't run into problems about no pets rules. (I don't forsee any problems in the future either, unless i get into the new zealand program for engineers) She stays in my room, so my roommates have no problem with her either and enjoy the "free" pet since i do all the upkeep. The only reason i feel confident is if there were any problems i know i have my parents, both vets, to look after her.

I just headed back to school. I am currently at Clark College in Vancouver, Wa and am planning on transferring to Washington State University Vancouver to get a BS in biology. I have 2 chins, 4 dogs, 9 cats, and 3 chickens, but I don't work so I have time for all and school.

Im a freshman at Pennsylvania College of Art and Design in Lancaster PA. I am majoring in graphic design. I have 2 chins as of now, more if my boyfriend would let me

I know most will be shocked, but I didn't think I had to reveal that I had a chinchilla. I told the apartments/condo/townhouses that I've lived in that I have dogs, but never mentioned the chinchilla. Even when I didn't have dogs, I never mentioned that I had a chinchilla since I figured if they allow birds, hamsters, rats, mice...why not a chinchilla. Perhaps I was lucky all these years, but I never got in trouble and I had maintenance come by many times to do repairs.

Of course in the dorm, no pets were allowed period, so I didn't have my rattie or chinchilla when I was a freshman. I got them when I was a sophmore/junior in college. :)

Last edited:
Luckily my school doesnt offer dorms, its all off campus housing.

I'm at a community college, so I go transfer from home to school. My two chinchillas live in my room. I want to go into Computer Graphics, but it looks like I'll have to travel pretty far away from home to do that. I'm thinking of taking time off and working, I just need my old job back.

I'm freshman at UC Davis with 2 chins....
sadly since i'm a freshie, i live in a dorm (no pets allowed, though i still managed to sneak the dwarf hamster up hehe)...my sister is taking care of my babies for now....but once summer break hits, i'm bringing them up here with me!!!!! i'm so excited =D

My fiancee and I have one chin and we attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Well actually only she does I just graduated in December

I am senior nursing student at Wright State University and I have 2 chins. The one I've had for 8 almost 9 years... and the other will be 2 in April. Some apartments are really great about chins.. the first place I was at let me have them for free, the place I'm at now it's $20 a month, but I wouldn't be without my girls for anything!

Back