chinchilla wheels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshi86

Does anyone else go through exercise wheels like water? I am on my 3rd in a span of 5 months. Any recommendations for a good, sturdy wheel? Yoshi loves his but goes in it so much it falls apart. I let him run around and have free playtime outside of his cage but he still loves to go in his wheel. it is like his lifeline.

If you bought a wheel at a pet store that's why they are breaking. They are very cheaply made and too small for a chin to comfortably run on.

For safe, sturdy wheels I would purchase a Chin Spin, Ed Wheel, Silver Surfer, or the metal Flying Saucer. All of these wheels will last the life of your chin, so they end up being cheaper in the long run.

I'm assuming you're getting him wheels from a pet store? Pet store wheels are not good quality and are actually not even safe for chins. Most people here use Chin Spins and Flying Saucers. They cost a bit more money but when you take in account how much you spend on pet store wheels because they break, it's worth it.

Maddie only poops in her wheel....she won't use it. She's a weirdo.

What kind of wheel is it? I have seen many chins who don't run on pet store wheels because they can't comfortably do it. Once a proper wheel is put in they run like crazy.

If it's already a proper wheel, then yes, she is a weirdo. :p

Yeah, it's a big superpet silent spinner. We got it for her the day we got her. I was going to get her a better wheel but she never ran in the other one so I figured she wouldn't run in a more expensive wheel. Do you think if I got her one of the nice bucket ones she would run on it? I see about getting one.

Bucket wheels aren't safe for chins. I would go with a Chin Spin from Quality Cages. If you request it without the powder coating it is also a little more reasonable. The nice thing is, if your chin doesn't use it you can easily sell it here and get about 90% of your money back.

Hmm, I look in to that. I was pretty sad when she didn't use her wheel. It'd be nice to get her a good one. Thanks. :)

If you bought a wheel at a pet store that's why they are breaking. They are very cheaply made and too small for a chin to comfortably run on.

For safe, sturdy wheels I would purchase a Chin Spin, Ed Wheel, Silver Surfer, or the metal Flying Saucer. All of these wheels will last the life of your chin, so they end up being cheaper in the long run.
Where can i find these wheels? i ahve heard of the flying saucer one but am not sure where to get it. Thank you!

The sliver surfer is $84??!!!!???? *falls off seat* I got my chin spin from Quality Cage and it was only $60 ($70 with shipping) AND it's bigger!

What's the difference between the Ed Wheel and the Chin Spin?

Both of my chins have flying saucer wheels (that they are both running on as I type) that I got about 5 or 6 years ago - one is lightly used, the other is heavily used, and they are still going strong. I bought them the same time I bought cages from www.qualitycage.com.

The sliver surfer is $84??!!!!???? *falls off seat* I got my chin spin from Quality Cage and it was only $60 ($70 with shipping) AND it's bigger!

What's the difference between the Ed Wheel and the Chin Spin?

Ed wheel is a little smaller.

As for the Silver Surfer, the price reflects quality as well. It's all metal, comes in colors, lighter in weight, etc.

I have both the Flying Saucers and the Silver Surfer. I will say that the latter is of good quality but it takes awhile to adjust so it doesn't make rattling noises when they run because the metal bracket used to attach it to the cage uses two hooks on the top, and they become loose over time and rattle. I only got these Silver Surfer because I needed a more vertical wheel than the FS.

The Flying Saucer is still my favorite.

Ed wheel is a little smaller.

As for the Silver Surfer, the price reflects quality as well. It's all metal, comes in colors, lighter in weight, etc.

Oh thanks! I was like, "People pay -that- much more to get it in pink???"

I ordered the Chin Spin, but haven't received it yet. *is excited* I have my FN split in half because I have both genders and I only ordered one to see how it went. My chins had the plastic pet store wheels before. They always knocked it over and there was a post sticking out of the center where it was mounted on the stand that my chinnies kept hitting their backs on. It looked very uncomfortable to run in. Poor things, I'm hoping they will be happy with their new Chin Spin and if they are I will definitely be getting a second one!

If the Ed Wheel is smaller will really big chins fit in it? I have two really big chins that were almost too long (in my eye's anyway) for their old wheels. They ran in it to their hearts content despite all its flaws, so I assume it would be okay. I just want what's best suited for my chins especially at that price.

yeah, my Marvin just smells the flying saucer I got him, he hasnt ran on it yet... but im hoping he will eventually

Back