Chinchilla Missing ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try tapping on her dust house/box. That always brings my chins running when they are out running around and I'm trying to wrangle them up to go back in their cage.

I will definately by that for future problems, but as of this one im moving Friday, and by the time that gets shipped to me i would have already moved. I'm trying my best to find her. Definately gonna go check my box spring now.

You don't have to have it shipped to you. I just bought mine at the local Farm And Fleet. If you have a farm store nearby, you can just go pick one up. In the meantime, try to sit in the room at dusk quietly and listen closely. You can usually hear them rustling about and narrow down where they might be.

Have you tried this: Bring the dustbin with you to the middle of the room and sit down. Tap the bin a couple of times but dont move. Listen for any movement noise. Make sure you turn off all the noise making appliances in the house first (TV, radio, etc). Try tapping every minute or so for about 5-10 minutes. Just sit there and dont move or anything, just take in all the small noises of the house. I didnt hear anything unusual at first, but towards the end I heard a shifting/scuffle noise that I knew wasnt outside the room and found my chin.

Good luck!

yeah any farm supply store should carry some form of live trap. Also if you have any farmers nearby that you are friends with you could ask to borrow one.

Hi , everyone thank you for all your help. I found daisy this moring :) She was in the dresser behind everything in the closet. I'm glad i have her back :)

Glad to hear she was found safe and sound. Naughty chinny girl! ;)

hehe the dresser, classic. :D

Once I had a chin get out for over a week into the air ducts of the house. That was horrible...he finally came out and wanted back in his cage. If anyone remembers that, they remember how crazy I was!

I'm glad you found little Miss Daisy...that's so great that she's alright even if she is a total brat. :p

hehe the dresser, classic. :D

Once I had a chin get out for over a week into the air ducts of the house. That was horrible...he finally came out and wanted back in his cage. If anyone remembers that, they remember how crazy I was!

I'm glad you found little Miss Daisy...that's so great that she's alright even if she is a total brat. :p

I'm sure he liked it up there :] Nice and chilly! ;)

Glad you found Daisy! Naughty girl :)

yeah any farm supply store should carry some form of live trap. Also if you have any farmers nearby that you are friends with you could ask to borrow one.

Just an FYI, I've seen the small animal cage traps at Harbor Freight as well. Not sure if they have them in their online store or not...

Susan- Sammy is still a little stinker! He thinks he is soooo slick when he hides under the cages, but you can be sure he comes running when he hears the treat jar! :laughitup:

When Sam made his appearance after his vacation in the ducts he found a bunch of pieces of wood and scattered them all over the chin rooms, hallway and in the kitchen. One morning I woke up and found them and wondered where they came from. There he was a few minutes later wanting back in his cage...and he actually walked right back in when I opened the door for him. Sam is a very naughty little guy...bad bad bad bad bad, but so incredibly cute and funny so it's alright!

Latest posts

Back