Change in Macy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

It's weird so I thought I'd share.

Macy has never liked being held since I got her. She has always liked be left inside her cage. You can pet her and play with her as long as shes in her cage but the second you try to pick her up or she thinking you're about to try, shes runs off.
If you hold your hands by the cage door she'll jump in them and stand there but the second she feels your hang move (even the slightest finger twitch) she's right back in the cage.

Well, because I'm sick, Daddy was checking water, hay and pellets this morning and was playing with Macy. She hopped right out into his hands like normal but when he moved his hands she just sat there. She let him hold her, and walked around with her. She let him with no problems. He took her back to her cage door to see if she wanted back in but she stayed in his hands. I tried it, without breathing on her, she came to me too. We checked her cage to see if anything was in there that might have scared her out but nothing that we saw. After a few more minutes of daddy walking around with her she wanted back in her cage. She went and got in her hammock and went to sleep.

It was really weird and random.

Well maybe she thought your daddy was cute!!

You know Macy she is one crazy chinchilla! Bobo hates it if you try to pet her and get her out of her cage, but once she's out of the cage she's the sweetest thing--I just don't know what's up with these crazy chins sometimes Mae!!!

It is really cute Brandon.
Essentina, it is good. I like good though.
Rebecca, so far so good. She's still letting people hold her.
Lan63, that's what I'm thinking. Macy has a little chinnie girl crush on my daddy. lol She's starting to like being held more than the twins. The twins love being held.

It'll be interesting to see if she's a completely new chin after that. Maybe I should have my father over to tame some of my more wild females.

That's awesome! Always nice when your babies like to come play with you :)

I guess I'm lucky...none of mine really LIKE to be held, but the only one who really puts up a fight is Rayna, which is strange because she was my first chin and had lots of attention. Chins are strange little critters sometimes, lol.

Great news about Macy though ;)

^It is. Its been a joy to actually be able to hold her or a bit.

She's starting to slowly back off with other people. She'll come to me and daddy, but only if no one else is in the room she wont come out. Right before my nieces got here the other day I was playing with her. She came out to my like she has been. Later that night my niece was in the chins closet getting the toys for play time and Macy refused to come out. Like she knew she was in the closet and wouldn't come out. After she saw her leave the room she came out.

Latest posts

Back