Caught my chin sleeping oddly

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mircat

He stretches out a bit sometimes on his side, but I never saw him do this before so I took a picture. He has his back feet up on the cage bars, but his torso is twisted so that he's still facing downward. Does this mean anything?

Attachments

• IMAG0683.jpg
    IMAG0683.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 184
It just means he's being a chin! One of my boys sleeps in all sorts of ridiculous positions and the other often sleeps with one or more arms/legs sticking out of the cage.

That is too funny!! It probably means he is very comfortable in his surroundings so he can relax any way he wants. Love his feet.;)

Hahahaha :) I found my chin sleeping on his side before. I thought he was dead!

I had the same alarming thought too when I saw mine stretched out on the tile like a bearskin rug, but just dead to the world, not really dead, thank goodness!

Mine like to run balls out on the wheel and get good and pooped out, then stretch out sideways all flat on the cold marble chiller for a nap. Then they wake up and do it all over again! Its weird how something so fluffy round can make itself flat as a pancake like that...

When my chin first lay on his side, my partner and I thought he was seriously sulking! Now we think he is just relaxing, he always does it after playtime!!

I caught my chinchilla sleeping on her side a few times. I love watching her go into the position. She just tips get head and rolls to the side. Wish I could get a picture but she always gives me the stink eye when I try. But your chin has cute little feets!

He's probably just tired if u still don't feel good about it u can always take your chin to the vet for a check up

He looks like one comfy chin! I freaked out recently too because my new chin was sleeping in a new weird position I had never seen before, but she was perfectly fine. I was nervous because I've only had her for about 2 weeks and I had never seen it before. In the end, I think it just means they're letting their guards down and are completely comfortable to relax which is a good sign. :)

Hi..ohh...it's so sweet :X :D My chin also does that :)) It probably means he is very comfortable in his cage :D

Attachments

• DSCN0396.jpg
    DSCN0396.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN9995.jpg
    DSCN9995.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back