"Catch all"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcoronaangel

While I was at the vet yesterday I was ready a bird magazine looks at toys as supplies. Which is where I find a lot of my chin stuff.
Anyways I wondered by the company who makes a "catch all" which looks like a large peice of fabric which goes bellow your cage and connect to the kennel with metal hooks. The chins would have no contact with the material.
Its pretty inexpensive at 20.00 a piece. I was thinking of buying one to try it out.... any heard of these before?

home-catcher-save10.jpg

product-catchall2.jpg

Wish they had different colors though.... thinking about contacting them to see if they make different sizes on special order.

http://www.birdcagecatchall.com/index.html

That's a good concept I think, I do think it'd work better for smaller cages and things, I know it wouldn't work really well for my cages because it looks like you'd have to lift the cage up if you wanted to take it off and wash it?

I know some people use something similar to that, but they're a length of fleece that clips to the sides of the cage at the bottom. I've made them and it does help to keep some of the bigger things in that fall out of the bottom of the cage.

Like Alli said, its looks like you have to lift the cage...which would be pretty impractical for most of us with FN's because they weigh what...90 lbs? At least they're really heavy, I definitely couldn't lift one.

They also look pretty small.

I use a shallow cardboard box because my place has wall-to-wall carpets, that way, it's easier to vacuum the poops & the beddings that are contained in the cardboard box.

I use a shallow cardboard box around one of my cages to try to contain the poo, but every morning I come down and have poo everywhere. Even if I had one of these I am positive that I would still find the poo on the floor. It shocks me sometimes how far they can throw their poo...

:hmm:I thought I was going crazy when I found poo across the room on my bed! So they really do throw it? I only find a few pieces occasionally....

I think I could roll the FN over the material with little to no problem. It isnt too heavy to lift a side at a time though (i have tried).
My issue is all wood floors so I have poop from one side of the room to the other bc it just all over lol.
Thxs guys.

They really do throw it. One night, my husband and I had to sleep downstairs with his sick daughter. She and I were on the couch and my husband slept on the floor next to one of our chins. He was literally throwing poo at my husband. He was probably trying to wake him up so that my husband would play with him. It was actually very funny. And a breeder I talked to said she had a chin that would throw poo at her everytime she would come to the cage... Lol...

Latest posts

Back