Can this be used?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess I'd rather have a more durable tube than a light one. My guys are pretty hard on toys!

Thanks a bunch!

I have been using one of those tubes for over a year in my chin's cage. It is covered with fleece at all times and looks just like it did when I initially bought it (other than the screw holes in the side). If you put one in the cage without fleece it will be chewed up really quickly, but with the fleece I have never had a problem.

That is what we use to make our tubes. Like Crysta said with the fleece over the cardboard they tend to last longer then if left un-covered. I have not used pvc yet..

My first tubes were made out of cardboard, and the screws seemed to break the cardboard and would strip through them when my chins would jump on top of them, and that's why I quit using the cardboard.

I would say that PVC would be better as if your chinchilla pees in the tube its going to get gross fast

Thanks everyone for responding! After searching high and low, I finally found 6 in. pvc and bought some. I am now making my guys fleece tubes! I am sure they will love them!

Back