California Bay Area

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
Adobe Animal Hospital
396 First Street
Los Altos, California 94022
(650) 948-9661

This place is amazing. I took my two boys in for an emergency visit Tuesday, and the staff was efficient, accommodating and knowledgeable. The waiting room was rather crowded, so (upon request) one of the nurses/receptionists showed me to a quiet room. For an emergency visit, the wait was surprisingly short, and I wasn't there more than half an hour before the vet arrived. It would have been sooner, but they made absolutely sure I got a chin-knowledgable vet. I saw Dr. Nakamura, and he was very good. He did a comprehensive check and showed me how to preform simple checks. He was open to all questions I had, and I was happy with the quality of his answers. The medication he prescribed has worked well.

The woman who referred me cautioned that they are on the expensive side, but 35 dollars with appointment strikes me as quite reasonable.

They also hold the Chinchilla Health Day there every year (normally President's day weekend) with CA Chins Rescue. I have heard only good things about all the vets there and they are very experienced with chinchillas.

Expert chinchilla dentist, well worth any drive.

Dr. Wendy Beers
VCA Albany Animal Hospital
1550 Solano ave
Albany CA 94707

510 526 2053

Adobe Animal Hospital
396 First Street
Los Altos, California 94022
(650) 948-9661

This place is amazing. I took my two boys in for an emergency visit Tuesday, and the staff was efficient, accommodating and knowledgeable. The waiting room was rather crowded, so (upon request) one of the nurses/receptionists showed me to a quiet room. For an emergency visit, the wait was surprisingly short, and I wasn't there more than half an hour before the vet arrived. It would have been sooner, but they made absolutely sure I got a chin-knowledgable vet. I saw Dr. Nakamura, and he was very good. He did a comprehensive check and showed me how to preform simple checks. He was open to all questions I had, and I was happy with the quality of his answers. The medication he prescribed has worked well.

The woman who referred me cautioned that they are on the expensive side, but 35 dollars with appointment strikes me as quite reasonable.

Adobe is moving to this gorgeous facility in August

http://www.adobe-animal.com/WeAreMoving.htm

Latest posts

Back