cages.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo24

I finally got the two cages put together. I love it but he's not really sure what to make of it yet! lol... what does everyone think?

Attachments

• CAGE.jpg
    CAGE.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 101
I think they both look really nice. I will say that you should probably invest in some deeper pans if you are going to be using bedding. You're going to get really tired of sweeping that up all the time. :p

yeah its already all over the floor lol... i want to replace the wire floor with a solid pan...but im not sure where I could find one. It has to fit the fiesty ferret cage that he is in.

thanks...
I was told about the bass equipment.. but the only problem with that is I do not think that I can take the tube off much because of the way I have it on...so I'd have to take apart the cage to get the pan in...
I was told that ceramic tiles work good to cover the wire..does anyone use those?

Did you like cut through the bars with some sort of tool because ive always had that idea in the back of my head i just dont know how you would. how did you?

kinda confusing... but we took wire cutters and cut the two cages...then drilled holes into the pvc tube... basically forced the tube into the cage holes so it would fit nice and snug.. then put zip ties throught the hole and reinforced it by tieing it to the bars (where he couldnt get to them easily). Then put washers and screws ni the tube where the zipties went into the pvc tube so he couldnt get to that plastic. I hope this makes sense...sorry if it doesnt lol. A friend of mine did it for me so im just explaining by when I watched. But its great. The onyl thing I worry about is the tiles I put in the second level.

LOL - can tell a chin person by the way they "make things fit"!
Love the way you "shimmed" the smaller cage higher!
I once took 2 x 4's and put them on the arms of a couch, and then an old blanket to put cages on - worked well!
What we do for chins!!

so i think i may have come up with an idea... i think i might take a thin piece of plexi glass and place it over the wires instead. I have a big piece of fleace so i think im going to cover the plexiglass w/ the fleece. Does this sound like a good idea???? Also, I don't have polar fleece, just regular old fleece from walmart, is that ok?

Latest posts

Back