Black friday!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slept in. I refuse to push and shove people and be pushed in shoved like an animal to save a few bucks.

Ugh, I had great intentions to get out early this morning but too much tequila last night, so I am shopping in bed with my laptop and a bottle of advil and some water! I remember my first Black Friday 8 years ago and I met my sister at Wal-Mart for the $19.99 deal on 27" TV's. When we got there at 4am by the front of the store the line was soooo long that we knew there was no way that we'd end up with a tv so as we turned to leave a huge fight breaks out very close to the entrance and there was a break in the line as security tried to handle it but no one was going into the store, I grabbed my sister and we ran in and bought four 27" tv's for under $100!

i only went to ac moore this morning. they had a good deal on candles and i got a couple of cartridges for my cricut machine, they were on sale AND they took 30% off!
i left my house at 830 and was at work by 930 and i even stoped at the bank!
it was pretty painless, except the lady in front of my bought over 100 bags of those meltable chocolates and they had to ring up each flavor individually!!

No way am I going out! I hate the crowds, the lines, pushing and fighting. No thanks. I'd rather skip the deals and spend the extra cash! LOL! My mother and aunts go evey year and always invite me. Every year I turn down the invitation and tell them they're nuts. They start out at walmart and leave the house at 3am. Then they head for the mall. They don't get home until about 6pm. That's crazy to me because most of the deals really aren't that great. Walmart did have a great sale on the PS3 though. It included 3 games for the same price you can buy it without any games. Last year they had a cheap DVD player at Best Buy that my aunt wanted. She reached for it at the same time as another women and the lady hit her over the head with something else she had in her hand and called her a Bit**! That's crazy. She then proceded to try and rip it out of my aunts hands! But, in the end my aunt won and got it. That city slicker was messing with the wrong farmer! LOL! My aunt picks up bales of hay and throws them like it's a sack of potatoes! So, I guess they just pulled back and forth on the box until the lady gave up and walked away. Now that's devotion to Black Friday! I don't think that I'd tolerate a situation like that very well and definitely would never go back on Black Friday- but she's out again this year. I have friends that go just so they can say that they went. One doesn't even buy hardly a thing. just like the experience I guess? Good luck to all you dedicated shoppers!

I'm celebrating Buy Nothing Day. I'm sitting at home getting annoyed that a website I was looking at fabric on yesterday (Joann.com) is down today because of the Black Friday traffic.

I was also not happy about Joanne's being down today. UGH.

As for shopping I decided my bed was way more worthwhile.

I was at walmart at 5 am. Uhhhg. It was because I work there though. I was considering getting some things but didn't want to spend the time after work. Maybe later inthe season I will be able to get some good deals I hope. :))

You guy are talking about how you lined up at 3, 4 or 5 am; do the stores open earlier or it opens at 9 and you just like up for like 4 hours?

Most stores open early...6am for a lot of them. Toys R'Us opened at midnight!

I was going to get up and go shopping at 5am, but in looking at the ads last night, the stuff I wanted wasn't doorbuster stuff, so I decided to take my chances and sleep in. I didn't leave the house until 11am. I went to three stores and I got almost everything I wanted and was home by 1:30. Didn't even have to wait in line any longer than normal.

My mom wanted the computer chair at Walmart that Theresa mentioned but there was no sign of them at all...walked through the whole store three times (found some other stuff for cheap in the process). Wasn't really counting on that one anyhow.

I worked today, and even WE got busy at CVS. We got Zhu Zhu pets in... and they were gone within a matter of two hours. YIKES!

Ah Zhu Zhu pets. The Cabbage Patch Kids of 2009. I've read a few articles now on them, seems that some people are going just as crazy over them as they did the CPKs.

I did go out today because it was convenient for me - I have the day off work and everyone else is out of the house, so I could go out, bring back a few last things I wanted to get, and get them wrapped without having to do one of those: "NO! DON'T COME IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!!" kind of thing.

Stopped in two places this afternoon and, really, they weren't any worse than any other day I've been in them... neither was traffic.

Maybe it would be worse at the mall?

My mom wanted the computer chair at Walmart that Theresa mentioned but there was no sign of them at all...walked through the whole store three times (found some other stuff for cheap in the process). Wasn't really counting on that one anyhow.

I wasn't able to get the Walmart chair, sold out online as well as in store. I got one online at office depot Alison, $39 plus free shipping to my door. Here is a link, the first one shown is the one I got, but the second one is nice too and only $49. Both are leather
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/676715/Ruvia-Mid-Back-Bonded-Leather-Chair/
Grr, I'm having trouble getting the $49 chair link

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll look into those.

Never heard of Zhu Zhu Pets so I had to look them up...they're cute, but not as good as the real thing...lol.

Back