Bird cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those letters (and other similar things at craft stores/walmart) chin-safe wood? I was in the craft section of walmart the other day and wondered that. It looks like pine, but I'm not sure.

Did they have a dot a and an e? Lol. Yeah they look like pine but no way to tell if they were kiln dried unles you contact the company. They aren't for them to chew on as I am hanging them on the wall around the cage. Plus, I am painting them so they will definitely be out of reach.

When I told my boyfriend that everybody liked it and were complimenting his mad skills he said he was going to start following the thread, lol.

I was thinking maybe attaching wire to the outside of the house, kind of like you'd wrap a cage to make it baby safe? This way they could still chew on the house, but if they make a hole, they can't get through it.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Just make a box out of cage wire and attach it to the cage so it encloses the hut. You could make the top of the wire a door so you can still easily access it. But the hut looks amazing!! I wish I did something like that!! You have one of the nicest looking cages.

I am rarely in craft stores but if I do find myself in one, I'll look out for those circle pointed (er whatever that style is called) letters.

Do you guys mean something like chicken wire? Thanks for keeping an eye out Caiti.

I think I'm going to cover the bottoms of it anyway to help prevent that area getting chewed through quickly. They have enough shelving that they can chew and are destroying. The beauty of them were gone in oh... about 5 minutes. :tissue: Little toothy devils.

Yes, GREAT job!!!! I'm super duper jealous, especially at the uniqueness factor. :neener:

Ha! This site has some of the best smilies. Thanks, Lovin.

I'm surprised at how much room the cage has, especially for them to jump. I was shocked. I should have everything completely done in about another 2 weeks. I'll post a final update at that point.

I'll go ahead and look when I go to Walmart next. That's a cute idea, I might have to do something like that for Chinchy.

Latest posts

Back