Beige or Brown Velvet??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovingChins&Hedgies

OKay this little gal has always been a bit darker than most beiges I've seen, although I admit I haven't seen that many. So I'm trying to decide if she's a beige or a brown velvet. Her parents are a stardard female and a pink white, possible TOV father. Here are a couple of pictures of her. She's about 4 1/2 mos old right now.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have misdiagnosed brown velvet many times. It can be hard to tell, but your girl is old enough now that I think it's safe to say she is beige.

I never think that my brown velvet kits are brown velvet when they are born, it's hard for me to tell sometimes. :)

Yep, beiges can be pretty dark! Btw, I'm going to steal that white chin with the awesome face markings in the background of the first picture.

Stacie, you'd have to fight my almost 7 yr old for the white w/ the awesome markings. She's his and even if he has to hide her in his dresser ;) I think she's going w/ us when we move.

I'm not great with colors, but my answer before i read the posts was going to be heter beige.

Jean

Back