AT&T Phone help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
I've been on Verizon for over 4 years and I personally like the company and their phones. I've never had huge problems with them and I get service EVERYWHERE. My boyfriend is on AT&T and since he's now paying the bills, it would be easier and cheaper if we were on the same network. So we went into AT&T and asked about it and now I have to buy a new phone to be able to switch over.:hair: My phone is almost two years old and in close to perfect condition...it's never given me a problem, but I HAVE to have an AT&T phone. Anyone have experience with their phones and know a good one.

I do NOT want an Iphone (sorry Sandi :neener: ) or a Blackberry and I'd rather stay under $100 with rebates and such. So far I like the Impression, but we're trying to figure out what phone has "must have at least $20 plan attached" and what doesn't. If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear it! I hate phone shopping!!!:banghead:

I don't think you have to have an AT&T phone but I could be wrong. We all have AT&T at work because we are all under my boss' plan. My coworker is notorious for ruining or losing her cell phones and she does not purchase her phones from AT&T. I just sent her a text to ask where she buys them from. As long as it has a sim card you can use it, oh wait, I believe you have to have an AT&T sim card first so that you can switch it into the phone you now have.

My daughter has the Pantech (not slide) with a full keyboard. She loves it as she can text like crazy and we only pay $9.95 per month for her phone plan because she's on my family plan.

I do NOT want an Iphone (sorry Sandi )
:impatient: well this is totally uncalled for! LOL!

You should be able to buy an ATT sim for like $5. I might have an old one laying around. If I can find it Ill send it to you. You should just be able to put your ATT sim into any phone with a sim slot.. (sprint phones do not have sim slots) And you should be good to go..(once you have the sim registered.)

The reason why you have to switch phones is because Verizon does not have sim cards with their phones. They are horses tails.

If you don't want an iPhone (Jeff says you are nuts and I agree) or blackberry then try to find a reasonable Nokia. Mine lasted forever. I even dropped it off of my balcony 3 stories up and it survived.

If you want to spend $100, get an iPhone 3GS. :neener:

You cannot use a verizon phone on AT&T because they have 2 different network technologies. Verizon uses CDMA, which AT&T phones (which run on the GSM technology) will not register. If you activate a line on AT&T, you can use the SIM card in any GoPhone since AT&T owns that. I did that for years before I bought my iphone (but a $20 gophone and when it breaks or I lose it, buy another). You cannot take just any phone and shove a SIM card in it since most are locked to a carrier and you have to do a software unlock on them to break that hold.
I reccomend you talk to the AT&T store and tell them what you want in a phone and just hold your ground about any upsells they try.

The Samsung Strive is only $20 with a 2 year contract and it's pretty nice. I just got it a few weeks ago, I like it well enough.

And there is a way to "unlock" your phone so that it can be used with AT&T, I just don't know how to do that. Do you have any nerdy friends?

The only thing about unlocking a phone for use on another network is that if you run the chance of negating your phone's warranty if anything should happen to the phone.

And good luck with AT&T!

I would not switch to AT&T you will be disappointed as a current Verizon customer with what they offer or fail to offer.

That's funny. I was on Verizon for 3 years before I switched to ATT. I'm still with ATT and love it. Sure, there are places that Verizon gets service that ATT doesn't, but the reverse is also true.

We're going to go to the store and look around again when we can. The store in our town is small and privately owned so they only carry about 15 different phones. We might have to wait until we're back in Orange County to go into a bigger store and get some real help. The people up here are just desperate to make a sale.

If I absolutely loathe AT&T, I can switch back to Verizon in two years. I don't want to switch, but I'm not paying the bills and it's easier and cheaper if we're on the same network. Since he's a stubborn brat and hates Verizon...him switching to Verizon is not an option.

I don't get warranties on my phones...I just don't break them. The only one I broke, I broke after having it for two years. The Verizon phones have always been very durable, but my boyfriend's phones have also been very durable because he's more abusive to them. :D

So what happens when you move on to another boyfriend?

Considering we've been together close to four years now, own a house, he pays my bills and has no problem with all my animals...he's kind of stuck. :neener: Heck, if the man wanted free he shouldn't have offered to build me chinchilla buildings! <---plural :D

Like I said though...if I absolutely hate AT&T and want my Verizon back, I can switch back. He's told me I can stay on Verizon, but my plan is almost up and I'm trying to make paying the bills as easy as possible for both of us. If we're on the same network and plan, it's a bit cheaper and it's one less bill for me to watch for every month since he has it automatically paid online every month. My sister has Verizon and I'm more than welcome to join her plan if I need to, my parents are also on Verizon and have offered the same. So I have options, but since I want to make the switch to AT&T I need to get an AT&T phone, so I'm asking for help to choose a phone, not a network.

And...I love my phone, but it's two years old. If I have to do ridiculous things just to keep my phone, I'd rather just get a new phone.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back