Arlington TX Bust- Getting Ready

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've been following correctly there is no one offering to get chins from Dallas to Tulsa or Little Rock, so the line that is supposed to come through St. Louis to IL is broken. I live in Central IL and if the those chins were brought up through Indianapolis I could pick them up and rickman could get them from me to take to the suburbs. Due to my new job I can only travel on the weekends and 3 hours in my max. I don't have cages to house a lot of chins for days, so if anyone is going to pick them up from me we'd have to time it just right. This is what I'm able to offer so if no other arrangements are made let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

The judge ruled that the City of Arlington will get the animals. It
will be a while before we know if they are going to appeal and how
long that will take. If they don't appeal then animals may be
available for adoption later this week.

Brittany- I'll do the Dallas Little Rock leg.

What we badly need is transport for 17 chins from Nashville to Fredericksburg, VA and to Tiffany in NC.

Brittany- I'll do the Dallas Little Rock leg.

What we badly need is transport for 17 chins from Nashville to Fredericksburg, VA and to Tiffany in NC.

I have already offered transport from Nashville to NC and Tiffany will be attending the show I am attending (see above).

If someone could meet me in east Tennessee or there about on my way to NC I can help transport the Va chins.

I'm sorry, my notes are jumbled. I would have got it tomorrow but, yes, that will be great! There will be transport to Nashville one way or another. We have 6 or 4 chins to go north from there.

So we need transport either up I85 (?) to meet up with you or else from NC to Fredericksburg for 12 chins.

Thanks people! I'mm making carriers but will catch up on messages this evening.

Last edited:
I must add that I do not have the room to house these animals more than 24hrs. I can only help with transport, so whomever I am relaying the chins from will have to be able to meet me on the 14th or 15th of this month so that I can put them in the car and go to NC.

>the 14th or 15th of this month so that I can put them in the car and go to NC.

OK. We'll see how that works. Thanks again.

Rick, I know you're busy but I think a question of mine got lost. :)

Am I definitely taking chins further south into FL?

I'm sorry! Not yet, no one has spoken up from down there. The chins stop with you. Yours will be coming from me coming south or from Gloria and Crysta coming from Pensacola.

I am going to start putting branches on the delivery tree real soon, so each driver knows who to contact and work out the logistics. Thanks!

There is no way I would let you drive all the way from New Orleans to bring us Chins here. I already told you I would at least meet you in Tallahassee if it's on a day that I have to work night audit, or all the way to Pensacola is I am off (like this Friday or Saturday) Sheesh man! We aren't that mean! :p

On a side note, Susan, I can house your two here. I have a friend who is letting me borrow a cage for awhile just in case the chinnies end up not getting along in the long run, so yours can stay in there short term until you are able to come pick them up.

That's great, Crysta. Friday morning would be fine, as long as I am home before 3 to pick up the girls from school. It just doesn't work in the afternoon/evening.

Rick, what happens if the owners appeal? Will the chins be held by the SPCA until the appeals process is exhausted?

What if the chins are relocated, and then the court awards them back?

Yeah, please don't bank of them coming this weekend, I was just saying those were my days off. It would definitely be ideal, but it all depends on how everything pans out.

We have space now for a female chin when they get to Nashville. I'm going to try and help with transport, but not sure how that's going to work out. We've had back-to-back rescues here that needed special care and I'm helping the hedgie ppl to. But if I'm driving for them, I can drive chins to. Just don't want to make 2 trips.

Rick, I messaged you my info needed to adopt if you don't get it just let me know and I'll resend it. Thanks

PM for Rick

I just PMed you as well, Rick. Please let me know what I can do to help!

I live in the Fredericksburg area and can temporarily hold chins as they wait for transport and temporarily/permanently keep one.

Thanks!

OK, it's 2 am and I just finished sorting out the messages into the appropriate files. I'll post an update on the transport situation - which may be vastly improved thanks to the Bunderground. I should have word later today on the status of the chins. It seems unlikely the judgment will be appealed as the owner has reportedly left the country in advance of criminal prosecution. No idea on timing yet. When notified I will need to arrive the next day and take possession of the chins. I plan on renting a Ryder panel van Hopefully I will be given time to look them over, sex them and make a tentative disbursment into carrier groups but the TX SPCA wants them gone quick. Still we are much better off than the hedgie people who have 10 times the number of animals. We will, of course, help if possible. I will be keeping any questionable chins. Five chins have homes in TX, 2 in KS, 24 on the MO, IL route, 7 staying in or moving from Nashville to KY and IN, 19 going to NC, VA and NJ, and 6 to FL. For a total of 63 out of the 70 chins having homes or foster homes pending later adoption. This is going to work, with a little bit of luck.

If anyone has to change their mind about what you thought you could do, it is alright. But please, please let me know, don't just fade away. Life happens and it's no big deal. If we lose 1/3 of the homes and transports the chins will still get cared for.

Thanks everyone.

Rick, there will be 8 going to FL. 6 to me and 2 to Susan. I spoke to Bobbi (the lady I was talking to you about over the phone who I have adopted out to previously) and she is talking to her husband to see if/how many they can adopt. She has an extra FN, but just wants to talk it over with her hubby. So, this means, it may be 10 chins to FL, but I will let you know for sure later today.

That's great, Crysta. Friday morning would be fine, as long as I am home before 3 to pick up the girls from school. It just doesn't work in the afternoon/evening.

Rick, what happens if the owners appeal? Will the chins be held by the SPCA until the appeals process is exhausted?

What if the chins are relocated, and then the court awards them back?

I work Thursday night from 11pm-7am, so the chins definitely wouldn't be here Friday before 3pm, unfortunately. Depending on where I drive to (Pensacola or Tallahassee) depends on when I get back. If I drive to Pensacola I will be spending the night there since i have family and friends in the area. If I drive to Tallahassee I will be returning that same day, but probably wouldn't be back until that evening.

The Laws Home for Wayward Pets is set and ready for new arrivals! Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly and you will be able to sleep again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back