Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up on the snack shaks. I'll take them out the moment I get home. I was so worried with the over grown teeth I put anything I could think of to get the girls chewing. My boys have lots of hide away houses and I'll put one in the girl's cage to see if they are interested in them.

Me either, I didn't see anything stating a new mutation, unless you were just proving the point that she is ALWAYS "re-homing" chinchillas. I hate those tyoe of people- BYBs. (most likely what she is)

She must have changed it. People have been posting things telling her that there is no such thing as a Lilac chin and she posts lots of vulgar things back saying that she got them from a reputable breeder blah blah blah. She always has chins for sale as well though. If it comes up again Ill try and re post it.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pet/2620831615.html
Heres one I found today about a male and female pair that will not seperate.

A while back someone where I live had posted a male/female pair (siblings, I believe) and my boyfriend emailed them saying that they absolutely should not be housed together due to inbreeding. He received a quite nasty reply about how the male was fixed, regardless of it not being included in the ad. That may be the case, or it may just be ignorance. :p

the number of times i see ads around here for male and female chins that MUST go together and stay together makes me so mad! and i swear over 3/4 of the ads also state 'comes with exercise ball'. i send off a reply to tell them the ball is very dangerous and i give them the CnH website to forward on to the chin's new owner. I like to hope i'm making a difference for these chins!

i've seen a few of those by me, also a couple of times i've seen an ad for chinchilla and guinea pig caged together.

I fight the urge everyday when I look on CL to pick up another chinchilla.
I know someone who rescues the animals on CL fosters them then finds good homes for them. But to do something like that you would need a good amount of money too.

Today, I discovered that someone on CL stole one of my pictures and was representing it as a picture of their chin. Needless to say, I am NOT happy about it. This is the second time in 2 months that this has happened. I need to redo my pictures and add Cuddle Bug Chinchillas across the image.

I fight the urge everyday when I look on CL to pick up another chinchilla.
I know someone who rescues the animals on CL fosters them then finds good homes for them. But to do something like that you would need a good amount of money too.

being where i'm at there isn't many chinchillas, but over in texas there is tons 95% of the time they are selling a male and female as a bonded pair. can't split them up sorta thing. it's rather annoying i've messaged a couple people and telling them if you have them together and you dont sell them then your just gonna have more chinchillas that you cant take care of. it saddens me.

cuddlebug - i would absolutely hate that if someone was stealing my photos. i would start personalizing them.

i do, and i tell people that sell tanks and say that its good for guinea pigs, chinchillas, and rats. i always tell them that it's good for hamsters, mice, reptiles, and fish only.

Latest posts

Back