Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually a myth..you can be allergic to chinchillas as they do have dander. It is just less likely because the fur is so thick.

ah sorry i guess i should've said hypoallergenic for the most part. i figured it's possible to have an allergy to their fur, just very rare. considering all the crazy allergies some people have! :wacko: maybe she's allergic to the dust or hay though and doesn't realize it.

Last edited:
Wow.....

I was totally kidding about dying my pink white blue... I can't believe people actually do this. Though thinking about it I have seen pink poodles before. People are idiots.

Since I can't take in anymore chins I just try to tell people to go to a chin forum to help them find their chin a new home. A lot of people seem quite happy for the help.

I emailed this one with the name of a local chin forum (ontario chinchillas) to put her ad on there and also told her she should ditch the ball, get rid of the plastic lining at the bottom of the cage and should consider separating them and selling them separate.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-2-baby-chinchillas-a-huge-cage-with-all-accessories-W0QQAdIdZ194111545

Her response was this:

R U retarted?
PREGANANT 4 month? dunt even have any common sence knowledge. go google it okay? check how old chinchilla can get preganant 1st.
plastic thing is for underness there grass! easy 2 clean ! they dunt eat it, cuz they are not RETART!
rolling ball can kill them? hahaa even more funny. if it can , I dunt think there is rolling ball for sale in any petstore anymore!
U know what? I dunt think is good idea 2 explian 2 u anyway..
next time if u sooooo boring want give any bull stuff advise to other people , make sure do not say anything stupid.. thats make u really sounds like idiot! oops. maybe u r idiot.,. nothing 2 do at home all day,, just replay bull shiit 2 other people!
how about just tell me , u dont hv money 2 buy them ? poor people are not all like u!!
even u have 3000000000 dollars I wont even think to sale u a sh%t from them!
btw, do not replay me anymore.. thats only show u r a totally idiot.

Here's a winner. I'm not sure at what point they quit breeding due to inadequate space, but I fear purchasing a few (who may obviously be pregnant by immediate family members) may just lead to less over-crowding and thus more breeding and inbreeding within the colony.
Linda

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/grd/1662373805.html

Chinchilla's Male and Female - $25 (petaluma)
Date: 2010-03-26, 9:41AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected]

We have a bunch of Chinchilla's that are over breeding the cage they are in. You must prove to us you know how to raise them and show us your cage they will live in. We will give you as many your cage will hold. If you like, you may come over and pick out what you like, and see how they play and live. We only ask $25.00 each. We are located in Petaluma, next to the airport. Send me your phone number, and I will return your calls. Will post pics later..

Linda...if you could get those chins and get them to the April show...I'd gladly take them and rehome them.

Her response was this:

R U retarted?
PREGANANT 4 month? dunt even have any common sence knowledge. go google it okay? check how old chinchilla can get preganant 1st.
plastic thing is for underness there grass! easy 2 clean ! they dunt eat it, cuz they are not RETART!
rolling ball can kill them? hahaa even more funny. if it can , I dunt think there is rolling ball for sale in any petstore anymore!
U know what? I dunt think is good idea 2 explian 2 u anyway..
next time if u sooooo boring want give any bull stuff advise to other people , make sure do not say anything stupid.. thats make u really sounds like idiot! oops. maybe u r idiot.,. nothing 2 do at home all day,, just replay bull shiit 2 other people!
how about just tell me , u dont hv money 2 buy them ? poor people are not all like u!!
even u have 3000000000 dollars I wont even think to sale u a sh%t from them!
btw, do not replay me anymore.. thats only show u r a totally idiot.
Hukt on foneks werkt fur me!!!!!!:crazy::rofl:

Linda...if you could get those chins and get them to the April show...I'd gladly take them and rehome them.

Unfortunately I'm probably no closer to them than you are. They're about 500 miles north of me. You need someone in the Bay Area to pick them up -- or at least grab all of the females. I'm not sure if anyone is coming from that far north or not.

Linda

I use Kijiji and a lot of people are trying to sell chins they haven't had very long with "no time for them". So why did they get them in the first place? Oh and they are asking so much money..........like they want all the money back they paid for everything, and don't really care about *who* buys the chin.

Back