anyone know Zupreem?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotictenshi

Proud Mama
After being a sucker today just for going out and trying to find PANR...(see my earlier post haha) A girl at the pet store (a chin mom of 4) (not a breeder to clarify) highly recommended ZuPreem Nature's Promise pellets made from Timothy hay. My local store doesn't get PANR and she informed me that this is a newer brand that is really great without the crap in it (like Fiesta etc.) I picked it up, haven't opened it yet, but it's MUCH cheaper than PANR..I know lower price doesn't always mean lower quality..just wondering everyone's opinion on it

how much cheaper can it be? 50 lbs of PANR is usually under $20

as per the pellet analysis page..

ZuPreem Nature's Promise

Crude Protein: 14.0% (min)
Crude Fat: 1.0% (min)
Crude Fiber: 28.0% (max)
Moisture: 12.0% (max)

Ingredients: Sun-cured timothy grass hay, Ground corn, Corn gluten meal, Dried beet pulp, Dicalcium phosphate, Dextrose, Sat, Flaxseed meal, Calcium carbonate, Ground vegetables (carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach), Brewers dried yeast, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, Choline chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Natural mixed tocopherols, Zinc sulfate, Ferrous sulfate, Manganese sulfate, Copper sulfate, Zinc proteinate, Calcium iodate, Copper proteinate, Manganese proteinate, Cobalt carbonate, Sodium selenite, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin D3 supplement, Vitamin E supplement, Niacin, Calcium pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Thiamine mononitrate, Folic acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 supplement.

So I see corn, corn gluten and ground veggies in the mix. I wouldn't want my chins eatting something that could mess up their GI tract. I'd stick to PANR if possible. You can order it offline, and I infact can sell it to you.

Last edited:
haha looks like I'm gonna start ordering PANR haha!! Or finding another pet store for the food..I paid 2.99 for 5lbs for the ZuPreem that's not that bad in a pinch I suppose..but I think I'm going to just get it shipped

If you go to a feed store PANR is $15.00-$20.00 for a 50 lb. bag. I doubt Zupreem is cheaper than that. There may be someone in your area willing to split a bag with you (which is what Susan and I do).

I also sell it for only $.60 a lb. If you don't think you can get through a 50 lb. bag, you can always order it in smaller quantities from one of us here who do buy the 50 lb. bag.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry. Zupreem is not a healthy food. :( It's got an awful lot of sugar and veggies in it. Rule of thumb? If a pet store recommends it, you usually need to say "no thanks."

if I buy a big bag, obviously it would take a long time to get through it, what if I froze the food...would that keep it longer?

if I buy a big bag, obviously it would take a long time to get through it, what if I froze the food...would that keep it longer?

When you unthaw the food, the ice crystals will melt, creating moist/wet food. I do not recommend freezing food because of that reason. See if there are any shelters around that you could donate the excess food to, or if there is someone in your area you could split the food with.

Latest posts

Back