Another FN copy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillyChinchilla

So we have the original Ferret Nation, and then the Feisty Ferret. The Critter Nation (made by the same company that makes the FN) just came out a few months ago, and now we have the Marshall "Estate" Cage :rolleyes:

1" longer, .2" wider, and 3" shorter. $20 more expensive on Ferret.com. My biggest curiosity is the ramps and shelves. They look like they have no covering, and might be 1/2"x1" wire? The pictures make it look really wide. I don't think I'm a fan of the double panel on the side.

FC348.jpg

Hmm, I don't like it for some reason either. Looks cheaper or something.

I don't like the double sides either. I would think if you put a shelf up against them it looks like there will be a gap between the shelf and the side. Maybe not, but I'd be afraid they would get their foot stuck between the gap.

I don't really like it either. The vertical, smaller bars don't really appeal to me, and I agree with Bethany- I would be afraid they could get hurt with the gap between shelves. I prefer the original FN!

Easy way to solve the gap (putting a shelf up against the side and there's the panel connections protruding into the cage at some point that is in the way of the shelf?) - just notch out a portion of the shelf to accommodate the panel connection and then the shelf would fit like a U shape around the connection and there wouldn't be a gap. But...to each their own. :)

I don't like it either...There's the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Well with all these rip offs, who in the world said the FN was broken?!

They didn't say it was broken, they said it was the #1 ferret cage and was selling like crazy! Plenty of reason for knock offs to come out.

They didn't say it was broken, they said it was the #1 ferret cage and was selling like crazy! Plenty of reason for knock offs to come out.

And that, is why I'm driving 3 1/2 hours to shell out $140 for the FN 142 + 143 that'd only been used a week. I'm SO excited >.<

I'd sure love it if it had 3"+ metal trays and pans! Too bad nobody can get that part "right" for us chin owners! And isn't the point of a "knock off" to be notably cheaper if not significantly improved upon?!?!

\And isn't the point of a "knock off" to be notably cheaper if not significantly improved upon?!?!

I think it is the opposite. Why do you think they have knock off handbags, shoes, sunglasses? To make money. All of these companies wanted a piece of the pie that was the Ferret owner's (and other animals) love of the FN cage.

The FN took a long time to develop. Now I wouldn't mind these cages so much if they made them better, but they just seem to get worse!

The FN took a long time to develop. Now I wouldn't mind these cages so much if they made them better, but they just seem to get worse!

Just like the flying saucer. Someone put a lot of thought, time, dedication, and heart into that and the big company just comes right along and rips it off. The chin on the box for it didn't even look like it was really standing on it, just photoshopped.

I wonder if the sides are so it breaks down easier like the QC? Who knows

It says it breaks down flat and takes no tools to put together.

Just like the flying saucer. Someone put a lot of thought, time, dedication, and heart into that and the big company just comes right along and rips it off. The chin on the box for it didn't even look like it was really standing on it, just photoshopped.

Not to mention it looks greasy and as if it has been fur chewing.

Back