An update on my life...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luci

Gizmo's roommate
So there's a lot thats happened recently (well, maybe not A LOT, but its always on my mind so that may be why it seems like a lot).

First off....I got into grad school! In the fall, I will be starting my Masters in Public Service and Administration at the George Bush School of Government and Public Service. I cannot express how excited I am!!! Its a pretty small school- about 65 students for the incoming class so I know I better step it up and make it the best! I was also notified that my scholarship for the first year is $8000 (the total for the year is 10,000)...so ummmm CH-YEAH!!! Everything has begun to fall into place and I look forward to sharing my entire experience with my CnH family! Though when i got accepted, one of my first thoughts was "I wonder how this will affect the amount of time I'm on CnH..." lol.

Secondly...this past weekend, I found out that my life will be changing in a few months. Robert's life too.. NO, I'm not pregnant! But at the end of this year, Rob will be deploying to Afghanistan. (wow its hard to type that out and admit that it'll happen). Its been a rough few days since I've found out. Some days I'll think about it a lot, others its just in the back of my mind and we go about our day. Though I know I'll be on some emotional roller coaster for a few months...well actually...until he's back. It's a 10 month deployment (as of now). He's taking it well...I mean, this is what he wants to do. He wants to make the military his career. I always knew a deployment would come, I had just hoped it would come later. I'm proud of him and I support him- he feels its his duty...not just for college money...but a real calling. I'm glad that we have each other. "Be strong" is what I keep telling myself but I'm an emotional nutcase so thats easier said than done. So I did what I do best....I joined another forum lol. Its HUGE...like MASSIVE. Each time I log on and visit the "New Forum Posts", its like 20 pages long...different branches of the military... But I know I'll get the hang of it. Reading through threads has already made me feel less alone. But I know that I'll still need my CnH family...I mean its easier to be more personal here (I can't even disclose his name over there- security procedures).

So please...hang tight with me. The next few months will begin the start of a new chapter in my life (and Gizmo's).

The challenge in life has always been just living Luce. And even though it's a cartoon the best quote in life I've ever heard were spoken from Dori in Finding Nemo "just keep swimming"

I'm very proud of you getting into the Bush school, but I'm more proud of them for picking you.

I know Rob's deployment is shocking and scary, but yes this is what Rob wants for his life and I think it's so wonderful and noble that in a time where joining the military does mean deployment he stuck with his guns, stayed true to his dreams and accepted it with dignity.

I will pray everyday for Rob and I hope he can hear me whispering "just keep swimming" in his ear wherever he is.

Luci, congrats on getting into grad school! The school sounds like an amazing opportunity for you!

I am sorry to hear about Rob's deployment. I cannot begin to imagine how scary that must be. I'm gonna think about that the next time I complain that my husband is gone on a little business trip. Please give Rob a big thank you from me and my family, for keeping us safe.

Hi Luci! Congrats on getting into grad school!! That is such an accomplishment!! :D I'm hoping to be there one day, although I have about two years left on my Bachelors degree and then it's time for my Master's! :D

Wow, deployment. I know a few friends that have had their spouses go away on deployment. I don't really know how it feels- but I imagine it must be very difficult. Stay strong and positive! I will be sending good thoughts for you and Rob, also Gizmo ;)

Luci! :hug4::hug3: Everything I wanted to say, Laurie said it best! Geez, I started tearing up just reading it. I/we/us will always be here for you :heart:!

The challenge in life has always been just living Luce. And even though it's a cartoon the best quote in life I've ever heard were spoken from Dori in Finding Nemo "just keep swimming"

I'm very proud of you getting into the Bush school, but I'm more proud of them for picking you.

I know Rob's deployment is shocking and scary, but yes this is what Rob wants for his life and I think it's so wonderful and noble that in a time where joining the military does mean deployment he stuck with his guns, stayed true to his dreams and accepted it with dignity.

I will pray everyday for Rob and I hope he can hear me whispering "just keep swimming" in his ear wherever he is.

Grad school for the win sister! :)
Good luck in finding the strength to support your beau- and best of luck to both of you!
(Big hugs for Gizmo too, while we're at it)

Laurie really has a way with words! Congratulations on getting into Grad school. I'm sure it is very difficult being the wife of a deployed soldier. I can not even imagine the stress. I need to remember you and your situation the next time I complain about my husband coming home late from work.

Luci-Bear I love you! Congrats on grad school. I know you are going to kick tail. Laurie really did say it best (blast her!). Just keep swimming. You can call me anytime you need to talk. Day or Night. Lot's of love to you!

Grad school! Congrats, Luci! That's incredibly exciting!!!

I know it must be very difficult to think of Robert being away for so long. Maybe you're used to it? Maybe you never get used to it...One day at a time, and soon he will be back in your arms, safe and sound, where his heart truly belongs!

Thank you so much for all the support! I'm very very excited to start school again and I'm determined to make the most out of the time that Rob is still here.

Having you all has already made things so much better!

aahhh!! I don't even know what to say. It's awesome you're going to school and got that scholarship yet I'm sad that you will be worried and away from Rob temporarily.

Laurie did say it best and I totally almost cried reading her post even though I did not enjoy that Nemo movie really at all.

And Jenn said the one piece of advice that's always worked for me: one day at a time.

Congrats, Luce, and I know you'll get through his deployment! You're a strong woman, and it may not seem like it, but he'll be back before you know it. Deployment is also "easier" on families now than it was years ago. Now there's webchats, and email, so you'll have a somewhat easier time contacting him, even if it isn't every night. I'm sure you'll find tons of help and support on that other forum you joined. If you don't mind, could you share it? My uncle was just deployed to Afghanistan a few weeks ago, and my aunt is having a hard time dealing with it...

Latest posts

Back