Already needing the A/C for the chin...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...I live in Texas...I never switched the A/C off this winter. It didn't stay very cold for more than a few days at a time so the apt. never cooled down from the weather alone.

Same here accept I am in Charleston, South Carolina. Even with the air conditioner on I worry if my chins are to warm because the heat index during the summer stays in the 100's. Although, I must say, we had a cooler than normal winter this year.

i just turned on our AC last week. our apartment is so small so keeping the thermostat at 75 somehow cools the entire place. its a bit weird. it'll go off every 30-45 minutes and when it does, its FREEZING. i have no idea if the thermostat is wrong or not.

but im considering getting a Honeywell tower fan. my friend has one that has a thermostat on it and it cools the room when it gets to a certain temp. its not an ac, its a cooling fan. anyone have any suggestions on this? ive been in her room and that fan alone makes it pretty cold. i'll obviously still have the AC but as to not upset my roommate, i may buy the fan so the rest of the aparment isnt an igloo.

plus, if the ac goes out (like my experience in the summer), then im thinking the fan will be good to have for the moment.

I've had the air on and off for the past few weeks. It is set to 73. I'm sure it is running today. It's 80 in Southern CA today.

I live in southern ny just north of the city and when i woke up this morning it was 80 degrees and i screamed and then blasted the a/c down to 70

Yesterday I put Tia in my father's room in the basement - it was 65F down there and she was much happier. When Dad came home to find her in his room, well that kinda upset him so he turned the AC on. My Dad is the "I don't cater to any &#$@ animals" type and there have been a lot of fights since I got Tia.

Lol, you put her in his room. That sounds like something I would do to get my parents to turn on the AC.
My parents turned the AC on today since it was around 90F. I can't believe its this hot already and its only April.

Yup 92 here also... got up to 83 in the stairway which is usally the same as the apartment. I turned the air on when the apt hit 75 and got a huge oscillating fan and sat it in front of it so it blows all over

Glad your dad put the ac on. What a great idea to put them in his room, LOL. I am very lucky, we live at 7000 ft elevation and it never gets hot for the chinnies.

I can count on one hand how many times I turned my heater on this winter... I keep my air on 69, always!! I like it & the chins seem to as well!! Luckily my family business is A/C & Heating wholesale, so if ever in a pinch, I am quickly back up and running!!:wink2:

so i just decided to post again on this thread.

yesterday i went to target and bought a Honeywell tower fan. it has 8 settings, and a thermostat. you can set the thermostat to the desired temperature and the cooling fan turns on whenever it gets above that temperature. now, this isnt to say it'll replace an AC, but i can already feel it being much cooler in my room and right now i can see that its 68 in here. plus, gizmo wont leave the corner where he feels it lol.

its 60 bucks at target and i think its a good buy to keep in the chin room. even if you have AC, this can keep the room at a constant temp. plus, if the ac ever goes out temporarily, this is a handy backup.

we've got a rotating fan & a window fan running just for the chins - hubby's ecstatic the chins need cool temps as he doesn't do well in the heat either!

Had to put on the central air the last few days. We've been going between a pattern of rain showers and 80 degree sun shine spurts. Can't wait to get our room sized A/C units out of storage. The chin's and I share the old master bedroom, which is my work from home office. Need to keep it extra cool.

I am setting up the window AC in my room Monday..it has stayed relatively cool with windows open & fans, but it got too warm today... I am NOT a fan of AC..so it's going to be FUN in my room!!

I've had my A/C in and running since early april! It's roasting up here lately...but I don't pay for electricity in my building so its win/win for me ;)

Thank you Luci. I need something besides ac but with a thermostat. I had no idea that fans came with thermostats. I cant sleep in ac so needed to cool bedroom for chin without ac. Of course would use ac and sleep on couch if chin needs ac. Bought Honeywell with thermostat and remote. :)

yesterday i went to target and bought a Honeywell tower fan. it has 8 settings, and a thermostat. you can set the thermostat to the desired temperature and the cooling fan turns on whenever it gets above that temperature. now, this isnt to say it'll replace an AC, but i can already feel it being much cooler in my room and right now i can see that its 68 in here. plus, gizmo wont leave the corner where he feels it lol.

its 60 bucks at target and i think its a good buy to keep in the chin room. even if you have AC, this can keep the room at a constant temp. plus, if the ac ever goes out temporarily, this is a handy backup.

I just might buy one of these & try it out! I get all stuffed up when in a room with AC for too long. There is no target near me, but I bet I can get it at other stores! thanks for that info!

Is this the fan that you happened to purchase? I am in the market for a new fan. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 74865018.jpg
    74865018.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 8
These are the times when I am thankful I live in the PNW.
I think we had our "summer" yesterday :hmm:

Latest posts

Back