A gift from Peri

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
Some of you may have read my thread on Pericles, my beige boy who passed away in October from G.I. stasis. He was a beautiful hetero beige with the most outgoing personality and beautiful starry ruby eyes. I bought him at my first chinchilla show where he took Grand Show Champion and he was my first breeding male who I paired with Aurora, a standard female from the Reads. I was devastated to lose him, especially because my efforts and the vets' to get him out of stasis were futile.

Bowenbeige.jpg

The first time I saw Pericles at the show

On December 5, 2009, two months after Peri's passing, his first mate, Aurora, gave birth to a single beige female (X-14) weighing in at 52 g. It was such a surprise to me as Aurora was not showing any signs of pregnancy and very little weight gain, but sure enough, she was carrying Peri's final offspring.

DSC05914.jpg

Shortly after birth

I've since named the little girl Xaria and she is growing up to be such a beautiful girl. She reminds me so much of my Pericles and even has his unique starry-looking eyes (the irises have a sort-of starburst look to them). I feel that she is truly a gift and I was moved to tears when I first laid eyes on her. This pairing had a lot of sentimental significance to me and to have a baby born to Aurora after Peri's passing was a touching reminder of my late Pericles.

DSC06169.jpg

Xaria, today, at 10 weeks of age

Sumiko I lost Gordon to a horrible accident (my fault) and 5 days after he was put to sleep Bobo gave birth to his daughter. I named her GiGi or GG for Gordon's Girl, so I know how it feels to lose a chin and then be so blessed to have a kit of theirs live on. Pericles was a gorgeous chin and I'm sure you still deeply mourn his loss. Xaria is a beautiful girl! Just so beautiful. I'm glad you have her to keep Pericles' memory alive in your heart.

Back