66th Annual COLORADO E.C.B.C. Spring Show, Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, he pretty much swept the mutes!!! That white was SOOO perfect and smooth, it looked like a cloud!!! That's what I called it when I first saw it before the show...I just knew that it would win something!!!

No pictures? I was hoping to see some of the pretty chins.

Cat, you know I'm not the world's best photographer. There were a couple of people with "real" cameras that are going to send the pictures to Empress...

Could I make one suggestion? Would it be a problem to post which animals from a breeder are the winners? I mean the breeder ID. It's nice to know who wins, that's all the contest, but if you're intending to buy from this breeder or that (and it may just be me) but I'd like to know the ID of the winning animals. That's what we try to do in our chapter, although it may not happen every time. That way people looking for animals to purchase can know a certain line or sire/dam from whom they want and identify them easily. I know the national web site keeps track, but it would be nice to have it here. Not a big thing, just a thought.

Thanks, Lynn, for the updates! Congrats to the winners!

The IDs of the animals at all sanctioned shows are listed in the June show edition of the Empress magazine with the official results. Unless the show chair or points table workers are on CnH, I don't think that info will get posted on here.

Lynn, that's just not always practical. I couldn't make it due to money issues and I'm sure it's even worse for Sue being so far away.

Doesn't anyone have a show book? MCBA participants always write down the results and post them here. I know Becky does for the Empress show in Ohio as well. Someone must have the results they can post?

Peggy, I know...that's why I winked!!! And I know it's not practical, but when I see the Cali Girls meet up and carpool for 36 hours, I must say that I'm impressed!!! Even Jim Ritterspach carpooled with our judge, Rich Ryerson and came over 24 hours -- that's nothing to sneeze at!!! Heck, I don't even show animals, but I plan my "vacations" around chin shows. I've traveled to the last 3 Nationals, the last 3 WI and the last 2 CA shows. That is not cheap, but I love the people and the experience!!!

I can give you a list of who showed and what the cage numbers of each animal were, but I have no way of knowing their pedigrees. Our branch is mostly older folks who don't use the Internet, so I suppose you could contact our President, Bob Ducey ([email protected]) and see if he can give you further details.

What about contacting the ranchers in whose chins you are interested...they would have everything at their fingertips.

I am on my way to an appointment, but when I get home, I'll be happy to post exhibitors and cage numbers...

If you would need it sooner you could probably contact Maxine at the National office for a list. I guess to me I don't care what an animal places if it's not what I am looking for. Even with just the ID's it doesn't tell you the pedigree. I had a male here (not bred by me) who was a RCC, I thought he had a dirty bar and his offspring all come out looking like they have ebony. Should've went with my personal instinct on that one instead of figuring the judges knew better than I did. :D

I'm actually trying to help some buyers looking for animals and new to the whole business. Their inquiries were basically if they wanted to buy certain colors, and wanted good quality, how do they know who to contact from some shows if the winners aren't listed (I think they mean color section or whatever that would coincide with in ECBC). They are from Hong Kong, and there are quite a few of them. Over there the animals are very expensive and come from Canada (of all things). They love chinchillas, I've had quite a few buy from me and to be honest, I can't supply them all. So my point is, if you want to sell animals ultimately, and this is probably mostly mutations since that's what they are interested in, someone needs to let people know (and that means the quickest way would be the forum) which animals (from which breeders). I know not everyone ships, but maybe they should think about it a little more. This is just what we're seeing up here.

OK, for what it's worth:

Standards Exhibitor Mutations
1-20 Roger Clark 501-503
--- ` Jim Ritterspach 504-523
21-30 Maynard Beitz 524-531
31-37 Cindy Zeller 532-533
38-57 John Suhr 534-548
58-65 JoEllen Wiese 549
66-67 Mikayla Klimper ---
68 Bob Ducey ---

Sue how are you handling dealing with Fish & Wildlife when shipping out of the country? When I looked into it they made things so difficult that between dealing with them and the airport officials on shipping cage requirements I just gave up on it.

Okay, so some confusion there, sorry. We're not shipping them out of the country.

In our area around Seattle there are a lot of immigrants because of the software & tech industry that have moved here, including a lot of students. We've had a huge influx of Chinese & East Indians, mostly working for Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, etc., on contract. The Chinese especially (most of them are from Hong Kong) love the animals. They want to buy them now that they're here in the states, but my herd and others up here aren't large enough to supply them. Both Claire & I have waiting lists and it's mostly for mutations, not for standards.

What would be nice to know is who has nice quality from these shows in certain colored mutations. Whose violets won what, whose ebonies, whose blacks, etc. So that's what would help. Last year we shipped in the Blue Diamonds, but we're still working with them. And there's a lot of excitement when people see them. Anyways, just some of my thoughts.

Thank you, Lynn, for posting what you did.

Last edited:
So sorry my earlier post didn't communicate that very well, we're not shipping animals out, rather the potential buyers are coming here. Does that make sense?

I hope this helps you but it is all from hearsay. On the mutation show I herd Maynard Beitz had reserve champion black and John Suhr had champion beige with a tan. All the rest of the champion and reserve champions were Jim Ritterspach.

Latest posts

Back