2013 CA ECBC State Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
2013 California ECBC State Show

January 12 – 13, 2013

Ramada Inn & Suites
1250 Halyard Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Phone: (916) 371-2100
Room Rate: $70 / night + tax and fees
Reserve by: December 11, 2012
*Be sure to ask for the ECBC (Chinchilla Organization) Group rate*

JUDGES
Donna Read & Maxine Lynch

Show Chair
Shahna Thomas
[email protected]

Entry Fees
$7.00 per animal for members
$9.00 per animal for non-members

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday - January 11, 2013
3:00 pm Show Hall Setup
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Early Registration
7:00 pm Evening Social : The Ship Bar & Bistro – Ramada Inn

Saturday - January 12, 2013
6:00 am – 10:00 am Grooming – No grooming will be allowed after 10am
10:00 am Mutation Live Animal Show • Captain Room
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Break for Lunch
1:00 pm Mutation Live Animal Show
6:30 pm Banquet, Awards Ceremony and Live Animal Drawing

Sunday - January 13, 2013
6:00 am – 10:00 am Grooming – No grooming will be allowed after 10am
10:00 am Standard Live Animal Show
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Possible Lunch Break (dependent upon number of entries)
Following Show Awards Ceremony

Other Info
• There will be a live animal drawing.
• There will be a 50/50 Drawing and Door Prize Raffle (please bring a gift for the table)
• For advertisement in the Show Book or to be a Trophy Sponsor, please contact Shahna.
• 10% of all animals sold during the show weekend will be payable to the CA ECBC Group
• Transportation from the Sacramento International Airport will be available.

I will have a list of prices for advertising in the show book shortly as well as a list for trophy sponsorship prices. Please let me know if you'd like to reserve a sponsorship for a particular trophy ahead of time!

Show Book Advertising
Full Page Color Ad………………………………………$35
Half Page Color Ad………………………………………$25
¼ Page Color Ad…………………………………………$20
Business Card Color Ad………………………………..$15

Full Page Black & White Ad……………………………$20
Half Page Black & White Ad……………………………$15
¼ Page Black & White Ad……………………………..$10
Business Card B & W Ad……………………………....$5

Trophy Donations
Grand Show Champion (Standard)………………………$40[Pamela Oldham]
Reserve Grand Show Champion (Standard)………….$35
3rd Best of Show (Standard)……………………………….$25
Grand Show Champion (Mutation)…………………………$40
Reserve Grand Show Champion (Mutation) ……………$35
3rd Best of Show (Mutation)…………………………………$25
Standard Breeder Trophies (1st or 2nd)………………...$30 ea
Standard Breeder Trophies (3rd – 5th)………………….$20 ea
Mutation Breeder Trophies (1st or 2nd )……………….$30 ea
Mutation Breeder Trophies (3rd – 5th)…………………$20 ea
Jr. Breeder Awards (1st – 3rd)……………………………$20 ea

**Please make checks payable to Northern CA Branch Trust**
I will set it up so that people can either paypal me or you can send a check to our treasurer. Please send me a private message with what you would like and your preferred method of payment and I will give you further instructions.

Thank you to everyone who has committed to sponsoring a trophy already!! Below is a list of the trophies still available for sponsorship! This has been amazingly fast for getting our trophies sponsored! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Standard Breeder Trophy (5th)........................$20
Mutation Breeder Trophy (5th)………..........…………$20
Jr. Breeder Award (2nd)…………………..........…………$20

Also, the group will have eartags available at this show. If you are a smaller breeder or a new pet person and don't want to order a bunch of tags, but you DO want to show, we now have tags! The tags say CAGR for the brand and we will keep a record of your animal's tag in our log book! Please make sure you come directly to the show table to get your chin tagged when you arrive!!! The tags are $2.00/each.

In addition to this, please note that this is also an Empress registry show! We have two, wonderful sanctioned judges and we will be doing registry for 30 minutes following each show. To learn more about Empress registry, please click on this link and scroll to the Empress registry section! http://empresschinchilla.org/MemberServices You MUST be an Empress member to get your animals registered.

I will also be posting pictures of raffle items and the live animals with their background information as soon as I start to receive them! If you cannot make it to the show, please do consider buying raffle tickets! I will send you your winnings the week after the show!

Tabitha - FYI: I had purchased the Grand Show Mutation trophy - not the Standard. And I'm not the only one that's purchased so far.......are you going to update it??

Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!

Thanks for the update and correction, Pam! We actually have all of the trophies sponsored now! I have received a few advertisements so far and I'm sure we will get more.

Thank you to everyone who has agreed to sponsor a trophy! Without these generous donations, we would not be able to put on such successful shows! I hope everyone has a relaxing Thanksgiving. I will hopefully be updating this thread with pictures of raffle items in the next few weeks.

For those of you that have items to sell, we will have vendor tables available for $25 for the weekend.

I will need a vendor table and maybe a free small table or figure out where to put all of my free samples - I will have ALOT this year!!

Also will the tropies have the chinnie on top?? Hope so!!

I am not sure if there will be chinchilla toppers, they are getting harder and harder to acquire and I think any toppers we do get would be held back for the national show trophies.

We will mark you down for a vendor table!

Hello all, sorry this took a bit longer than normal, but I finally have our banquet finalized. We will be holding it again at the Old Spaghetti Factory - 1910 J St., Sacramento, Saturday, January 12th, at 6:30pm. I have reserved a private room, so the awards ceremony will be possible!

Keeping true to the last few shows, we will have a color theme for the "dress code" if you are wanting to participate. We are hoping for some good photos at the banquet this year. This year's colors are RED and BLACK. Guys are also encouraged to join!

Banquet tickets are $25/person until January 5th. If tickets are purchased afterwards or at the show, they are $30/person. We really need the reservations by the 5th in order to give the restaurant an accurate head count. Please see the attached document for method of payment and the contact for reservations. If you have any questions, send me a PM or an email. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

• 2013 ECBC California State Show Banquet.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi, I hate to be your difficult diner, but I'm allergic to onions and anything in that family -- chives, green onions, shallots, etc. Garlic, however, (thank God) is fine!!!

Can you please confirm with them if there are any onions involved in any of the items on the baked chicken offering??? Last year, they were able to just provide me with an order of spaghetti with Mizithra cheese. That will be fine again this year if necessary.

Please let me know...

THANKS!!!

ETA: Tab,you're asking a Cali Girl if she's going to dress up??? For shame -- you girls ALWAYS look fabulous at the banquets!!!

Last edited:
I'm asking Therese! She has yet to dress up with the rest of us for the events. We need to spread the love through everyone! I hope we'll see you in some nice red and black ensemble as well, Lynn!! ;) I am sure they will be able to work with you on the menu choices for the banquet as well.

Back