2013 CA ECBC State Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show was fantastic and way too much fun! We had some hilarious discussions at our evening socials and I did not get nearly enough sleep. Thanks to Shahna and Therese for keeping me up to the wee hours of the morning only to wake up at 5:30am to go back down to the show hall! It was darned cold up there this weekend as well and I wish I had brought a big jacket.

Congrats to all the winners! There were some really gorgeous animals there. I was really surprised to see the sizes of some of the classes. We had about 10 homo beiges entered in the show, 6-ish tans and we had our largest classes of sapphire and violets in recent years with at least 10 animals entered in each. The black class was our largest with 22 animals and that was a VERY nerve wracking class! I thought about grabbing Shahna's RGSC girl and making a run for the door. That girl was big and just beautiful to look at! The third best mutation was also a gorgeous girl. I am un-friending Ryan for not selling her to me. ;)

There were also some really nice animals in the standard show. I wish I had been able to get a better look at them at the end of the show, but was tied up with finances for the table. They were some really beautiful chins though! I have a few pictures from Friday night and Saturday, but ended up not using my camera at all on Sunday.

We had a lot of people showing the first few animals from their breeding and they did fantastic! I cannot wait to see Therese's ebs at future shows. They are incredibly bright and dark! Ryan had a lot of fantastic chinchillas and Nan showed the largest amount of chins from her own breeding this year. Thank you to everyone that came to the show! Therese did a fantastic job as our banquet coordinator, Shahna kept everything organized as show chair and Sumiko kept our points straight at the points table. Rod did a great job keeping us all entertained as the emcee of the show and special thanks to Donna and Maxine for judging the show! Danny and Gary kept the classes going as our animal handlers and once again did all of our heavy lifting setting up and breaking down the lights for the show. Lastly, to all those that traveled to our show from out of state (Lynn, Ryan, Casey, Amanda, Joanne and Jerry), a HUGE thank you for coming out and showing your support! I cannot wait to see you all again at the national show!

Also, thank you to everyone that helped contribute towards the memorial fund for Pamela Oldham. Her friends and family were overwhelmed by the out pouring of support from the group that meant so much to Pam. They will be continuing with fund raisers so keep an eye on the Breeder magazine. You can also contact Therese (javachin) or email Gary and Ruth Harmer at [email protected] for information. They are handling the sale of Pam's chinchilla inventory.

THANKS to the Cali Girls for ANOTHER great show!!!

I had a great time again this year!!! I enjoyed seeing my many old friends and making some new ones. Special thanks to Therese for having an accommodation made for my allergy to onions at the banquet, Tabitha and Sumiko for picking me up at the airport and to Ryan, who was kind enough to take me with him to Starbucks and then back to the airport on Sunday. We were seatmates throughout the show and I enjoyed chatting with him and getting to know him a little better.

Congratulations to EVERYONE who attended and showed. There were some magnificent animals...including the GSC Standard that Ryan "almost didn't bring"!!! Imagine that!!! So glad he did. I picked him when he was his class champion, so it was wonderful to see him do so well.

I can't wait until next year's show... in the meantime, I'll look forward to seeing everyone in Denver at the National show in March!!!

Thanks to everyone for putting the show on. Special thank you for both judges Donna and Maxine and of course the MC (Rod). Congrats, to ALL the winners. Ryan had gorgeous animals, as well as everyone else.

I can't wait for the April show.

Yes, another well coordinated show by the Cali Girls! Definitely entertaining. I will post some more pics when I have some downtime. Looking forward to next year's show!

Sorry these are so late!

20130116287_zps4615d802.jpg

20130116294_zpsddfae7a2.jpg

20130116303_zps582391cf.jpg

Back