2011 Heartland Group ECBC Sanctioned Show - Jan 22nd

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansas City Chinchillas

:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:
2011 Heartland Chinchilla Group ECBC Sanctioned Live Animal Show

Date: Saturday - January 22, 2011 - 10:30am

Hosting Branches: S. Minnesota, Greater Kansas City, Nebraska, N. Illinois, Wisconsin

Type of Show: 10 Class Standard Live Animal Show / Mutation Live Animal Show
Empress Quality Registry Program Service Available for Eligible Animals

Judges: Jim Ritterspach and Brenda Walter

1601 Industrial Park Rd. Boone, Iowa 50036

Reservations: Super 8 Motel 1715 S. Story Street (515) 432-8890
Econolodge Inn & Suites 1215 S. Story Street (515) 432-4322

(Please note the change in name from American Inn to Econolodge Inn & Suites)

Admission Fee: $5.00 Per Animal - LIMIT 20 STANDARDS & 20 MUTATIONS
( Limits are for Show Animals only, not for the Silent Auction )
All animals must remain caged and in the exhibition Hall at all times!
Policy does not allow animals anywhere except the exhibition hall!

Entry Data: Animals may be entered and caged after 7:30pm Friday
Entry and Grooming: 6:00am to 10:15am Saturday
Caging available until 10:00am Sunday

Special Events: Silent Auction, 50/50 Drawing, Raffle for Door Prizes, Baby Derby

Show Committee: Daniel Jensen ---- (319) 610-2638 - (Show Chairman)
Kari Summers -----(218) 825-8079 - (Registration Chairman)
Tony Andeway --- (641) 667-3583 - (Heartland President)
Mike Lawrence -- (620) 490-0325 - (Awards Official)

OFFICIAL E.C.B.C. SANCTIONED EVENT! ALL SHOW RULES APPLY!

Silent Auction Rules:
Owner puts his bottom dollar on any animals he wishes to sell.
Cards will be kept on the awards or registration table stating the price.
Anyone interested in buying an animal may then raise this price and identify the bid with their name.
Then anyone else interested may raise the bid etc...
A bidder can raise the bid even though he has previously bid on the animal.
The owner may not raise his original bottom dollar price, and cannot bid on his own animals.
Chinchillas must be priced before the show begins 10.30 am.
The bidding may begin anytime thereafter and will continue until 30 minutes after the end of the shows, at which time bidding will cease.
The high bid buys the animal.
TEN PERCENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF ALL CHINCHILLAS SOLD REMAINS
WITH THE HEARTLAND CHINCHILLA GROUP TO HELP FUND FUTURE EVENTS.
THANK YOU!!!

Empress Quaility Animal Registration Program:
Animals receiving 1st place or higher at an Empress Sanctioned Show qualify to be registered in this program if the breeder is a member of Empress.

To place an advertisement in the show book please contact Cathy Kane at [email protected].

AWK! Must start combing!!! I love this show!! Not the weather that usually accompanies it, but even that is tolerable since the show is so fun! :dance3:

I wanted to go after missing last year but sadly I am very sure my husband would kill me if I tried even telling him I want to go this year LOL.

Would anybody over this way be willing to take me? :D I can cover hotel and some gas and food. Plus I won't have any animals (maybe on the way back lol). I love Iowa and would enjoy the auction.

Rules? What rules?! Usually the baby derby is run by everyone in attendance receiving a ticket to vote, the baby with the most tickets wins! The babies have to be of a reasonable age, unweaned babies will not be accepted. If it is questionable if the baby is old enough then it's probably too young. If it's old enough to be shown, then it should be shown instead. All babies are judges against each other, there is no classification, just vote for the one you think is the cutest!

so i can just bring my babies? a 2 month old (weaned the 14th) and a 3 month old and stick em in a cage? dose it cost to enter them?

Basically so, I would recommend combing them up! If you don't have combs I'm sure someone will loan you some and show you how to use them if needed.

I believe the baby derby fee is the same as the show fee. All proceeds benefit the Heartland group making future shows possible.

I got a #3 and a #1 comb for X-mas!! (actually my mom gave me money so i bought them!)

just wanted to add: thanks riven! i will bring my cute babies and see how they do!:bliss:

Last edited:
Back