2011 CA ECBC State Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
** 2011 California ECBC State Show**
Santa Nella, CA
Jan 15th and 16th, 2011

Event Location:
Hotel de Oro
(Formerly Ramada Inn)
13070 State Hwy. 33
Santa Nella, CA 95322-9744

Lodging:
Hotel de Oro
13070 State Hwy. 33
Santa Nella, CA 95322-9744
Phone: (209) 826-4444
Be sure to ask for the Empress Chinchilla rate!

Room rate:
TBA

Schedule:
Friday: Set up between 3pm and 5pm
Registration starts at 6pm
Hospitality room from 7pm on!
***Please bring a potluck dish and any alcohol or special beverages you would like for the hospitality room! For dish choices, please email Tabitha at [email protected] just to make sure we don’t have three of the same dishes!***

Saturday: Grooming 7am-10am. *** No grooming will be permitted after 10am.***
Show starts 10am.
Pizza Party at 7:00pm $10.00/person

Sunday: Grooming 7am-10am. *** No grooming will be permitted after 10am. ***
Show starts 10am.

Judges:
Pete and Sue Kiseskey

For Additional Questions Contact:
Cara Beasley - email: [email protected] Show Chair

Special Events:
50/50 Drawing

Raffle table
***Please bring a gift for the raffle table! It can be chinchilla or human related! Previously we have had wine, dust, hand trucks, apple wood, bottles, tea, jam, and many many more supplies!***

Animal Registration
***If an animal takes 1st place or higher it can be registered with Empress under our wonderful judges, Pete and Sue Kiseskey. This costs $5 per animal and the animal will be tagged at the show.***

Other Info:
The banquet will consist of three flavors of pizza, bread sticks and assorted beverages. We can have a vegetarian pizza available, but there will be no vegan dishes offered unless we are notified of special needs at least two weeks in advance. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

There may be changes to the banquet. We are working with the hotel, but they are under new management AGAIN. I will keep everyone updated on it, but as of right now we are keeping our plan for a pizza banquet! If we change it, we will move the banquet to Denny's or Pea Soup Anderson's. ;)

I know the fall field day just passed but I can't wait for this show! I should have many more to show by then!

mmmmm.....Split Pea Andersen's... I grew up going there on the way from Fremont to LA...

I love their pea soup with all the fixings! I always get the Traveler's Special... and anytime we have a show in Santa Nella, I make sure to eat there!

Hello,

I was wondering if it is a must to attend both days or can I just go to either Saturday or Sunday? Will both day's be hosting same type of events or it will be different. Is it okay for a first timer to sit in and watch or they must be a member of the ECBC?

Thank you :)

You do not have to be a member of ECBC to attend the shows and you do not have to have a chinchilla entered in the show to be welcome there! We would love to have another spectator and to meet more chinnie people!

You do not have to attend both days, there is no entry fee for walking in and watching so it is up to you if you want to come to both days or not. Half of the raffle drawings will be done on Saturday and half will be done on Sunday. The 50/50 raffle will be drawn either at the Saturday night banquet or on Sunday.

thank you for the info. I am really hoping to go for both days but honey might not want to... still in the plan though. Can't wait till Jan to come around ^.^

Hey Dan,

I'm not sure what the nearest airport would be. I'll check with some members but it would have to be one of two airports that are close to our members (about two hours from the show) so that they could pick people up. I'll ask around and get back to you!

I was going to come Tab, but since you have to bring a potluck, I won't be able to after all. Darn.

There is the San Jose Airport (SJC) which would have Cara, our show chair, picking people up. The other option is Sacramento which would have either Pam Oldham or Ruth and Gary Harmer picking people up.

Peggy...well, that's fine. I guess you'll just wait longer to get your little Tesla. :neener:

Hey Dan,

I'm not sure what the nearest airport would be. I'll check with some members but it would have to be one of two airports that are close to our members (about two hours from the show) so that they could pick people up. I'll ask around and get back to you!

Please let me know, too. I'm thinking of coming for a weekend getaway!!!

ETA: Sorry -- just saw the answer -- THANKS!!!

I look forward to another great show with you all.

Amber will be back with her fleece items (tubes, ledges, hidey houses and hammocks)... please let me know if anyone has any special requests for fleece patterns.

See you in January!

Bumping this...also, for anyone that is thinking of flying in. I need to know at least two weeks in advance of the show. Otherwise, there won't be anyone to pick you up! The nearest airports are two hours away so please plan your returning tickets for later on Sunday (preferrably after 6pm) so that your ride has time to help clean up the show hall.

Wow...apparently I completely left of the fact that we will have junior breeder awards at this show. Since this is a state show, the junior breeder awards are a little different. As always, you must be a member of ECBC to receive a breeders award. There will be trophies in place of ribbons but only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place junior breeder awards. Only the breeder's top FIVE placing animals will be counted towards the breeder award.

OMG, Sumiko...I do not envy the grooming you will have to do! Mostly standards, right?

I won't have very many with me...probably about six or seven. I lost a lot of my growers when I moved in May, but there's always next year!

Yeah, mostly standards. I may have under 20... it depends on how much my youngsters grow. I will have one BV (maybe), 5 beiges (maybe 4... depends on growth) , and the rest will be standards.

Hey, maybe I'll bring Mousey too, LOL.

I can just see Pete's reaction to a tail less chinchilla. It would be PRICELESS! We should totally put her on the table and take a video of his reaction.:laughitup:

Back