2010 MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One blue means "first place". There can be many first place animals of the same color. If it has 2+ blues, it means it has taken class champ, color champ, and so on and so forth until it either hits "red" which means it takes a "reserve" or until it takes Grand show champion.

So for example, the chin that has 6 blue stickers means it was class champ(+2), phase champ(+1), section champ(+1), grand show male/female(+1), then grand show champion(+1)

Then the one with 5 blue and 1 red would be
class champ(+2), phase champ(+1), section champ(+1), grand show male/female(+1), then reserve grand show champion(+1)

I think I have that down right, correct me if I got it wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, except it's one sticker for first place, then a sticker for class champ, phase champ, section champ, male/female champ, and grand show champion.

Thanks Mish! I noticed that when I was looking through my York show book from '08 and corrected it while you were correcting me :)

The show was a huge success! Thanks to everyone that helped out. I predicted at least 300 animals and everyone thought I was crazy. Next year- I've already predicted 400!

We are already working on more cages. We may be building them at the Shindig.

The fumes from the marker are a problem! STINKY!!

If we move faster in the morning (grooming at 4 am??????) we can get through 400 animals in a day.

Wouldn't that be a great problem to have!!??!!

What a GREAT show! I'm still catching up on sleep, though. lol
Thanks everyone for all of your hard work and helping to make this show such a success! :)

Grooming at 4am! Yikes, Becky... LOL

Grooming at 4 am? We could just stay up through the night like some stories I've heard about the old days!! Party until 2 or 3, grab breakfast & start grooming at 4!:dance3:

Heck, my standard girl just rolled in her cage every time I groomed her anyway. Why bother grooming at all?! :hair:

Made it back home yesterday 9:15 pm. This was a first at the National's and hope to do this each year. I enjoyed the educational part and as Wendy (Designer Chins),I hope I remember everything. With the eyes in the same socket not sure the information went into the right part of the brain. lol!

This was just a great experience and above all meeting many and putting a face to the name

I have deleted the pelt pictures so as to not offend our pet oriented members. They were very nice pictures Tiffany, but we felt it was probably a bit shocking for some members of our forum community. :)

One more thing--

For those of you that know Paul K-- at the board meeting Saturday night he was accepted as a Judge trainee and was also elected to the National Board of Directors. He is a hard worker and will be a big asset to the organization!

Hey - how about no grooming after 10pm Friday night. hahahaha

And welcome to the board, Paul! :D Glad to have you join us!

Last edited:
Nice pictures Tiffany. I really love the violet(#60 I think) on the winners table! There's a couple shots of that chin and most of them are just adorable.
Congrats to everyone that did well and everyone that took home new additions. One of these days I hope to make it to a national show and put some faces with names. I would of gone to ECBC but, they moved it out of STL this year.

Latest posts

Back