16 years today!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostongirl'sChin75

Stephanie: Zoo Poo Gal!
16 years today I married the man of my dreams, my confidante and my best friend, Shawn!
I was a senior in high school and had just turned 19 when I asked my best friend to get me a date for prom, so I would not have to go alone. She told me that her boyfriend was out in the parking lot with 2 friends of his that were stationed on the same ship as he was, and that I should come out and talk to them and see which one I wanted to take me, if either of them.
Being extremely shy and awkward when it came to the male gender, I took a look at the two friends and picked the one that was asleep in the back seat and told her that he would do. So she set it up and he called me a few days later and over the phone we made plans to go to prom. Now, this was my prom mind you, but he paid for everything, including our prom pictures. And because my friend was late getting ready and we missed our reservations we ended having dinner at Hardee's, he even paid for that.
We had a lot of fun that night, but for me it was just that, a night out to celebrate my high school career coming to an end, and I had no notion of seeing him again.
He, however, had other plans. He started coming to the store where I worked and would buy the dumbest things, just so he could come through my register. He would always buy the same thing, Cinnaburst chewing gum. He would bring me flowers and he even made me a tape of my favorite songs, of which I still have yet figure out he knew what they were. I still have the tape though.
Anyway, after a few weeks of this and him constantly asking me out, I finally said yes. We again hit it off and had so much fin that first date, just laughing and talking. We found we had a lot on common but were very different and soon we would tell each other everything.
So, after 2 months of dating, he surprised me one night, while we were at friend's house. He had gotten up to get a drink for us both and came out with a jewelry box instead. He got down on one knee, took my hand in his, and told me that he had fallen in love with me that night at prom and asked me to marry him. It was then that i realized I had also fallen in love with that night and I said yes, that I would love to marry him. We were married 3 months later, or I should say we eloped 3 months later because my family did not think we were mature enough to get married and had not known each other long enough. We were married in a beautiful ceremony, officiated by a local lawyer/justice of the peace, I wore blue jeans, a white shirt and green jacket and Shawn wore jeans and a silk shirt. We both wore matching cowboy boots. We held our reception at Burger King in the local mall and then we each went home to our respective homes and did not tell a soul until a few weeks later.
Fast forward to today and we now have 3 beautiful boys and are still in as much love as we were 16 years ago. :kiss:

:congrats7:
Happy 16th Anniversary!!! Wishing you many more years of love!!!

Thanks everyone! It has been so long since we have actually celebrated our anniversary together, with both of us in the same state, that we are starting out small with Mexican food and a movie! :) I can't wait for our date!

Latest posts

Back