What Are You Currently Reading?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieJJ

chinnies215
One of my favorite threads from CnQ!!

I am reading: The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough
still :p I haven't found too much time for reading lately!

I'm usually in the middle of multiple books at a time, so here's my list:

I'm currently re-reading The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind - I'm on Phantom, which is the second to last book in the series.

I just started Break Neck, a new book by Erica Spindler.

For my 'right before bed' book -I'm in the middle of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Non-Fiction: I'm reading And The We Set His Hair on Fire (Insights and Accidents from a Hall of Fame Career in Advertising) by Phil Dusenberry.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new James Patterson book, Run For Your Life and because I was intrigued by the book synopsis, I ordered the new Karen Rose book, Kill for Me, along with the first two books in the series; so I'm waiting for those as well. :)

I'm reading Homer's Odyssey ..the Fitzgerald translation... again :)

The Crossing --> Gary Paulsen

I'm in the middle of it. I'm reading it at school mostly. A teacher that I have requires us to have a library book so I do and then another teacher I have (4 times) makes us read for 20 minutes in each class. So i mostly read it at school, but the book was picked at random. Our library is small due to construction and I had a friend to grab me a book off the shelf beside him. It was the closet on to him so he picked it. We didn't think it would be that great but to our surprise it's really not that bad. I like it.

I'm reading Homer's Odyssey ..the Fitzgerald translation... again :)

Have you read Pope's and/or Fagle's translation? If so, how do you think Fitzgerald's compares? I've read Pope's and Fagle's, but never Fitzgerald's.

I'm currently reading Banewreaker by THE Jacqueline Carey. Non-trashy sci-fi/fantasy is so hard to come by.

Have you read Pope's and/or Fagle's translation? If so, how do you think Fitzgerald's compares? I've read Pope's and Fagle's, but never Fitzgerald's.

I'm currently reading Banewreaker by THE Jacqueline Carey. Non-trashy sci-fi/fantasy is so hard to come by.

I haven't read those translations.. maybe I will look for them both when I'm finished with this one again. Every time I've read it in the past, it's been for some Lit class or something school related, so I wanted to see if I'd enjoy it as much while reading it for myself :)

I am currently reading the Bodyguard series by Cindy Gerard. So far I'm enjoying the series. She also has a Black Ops series out as well.
I just finished reading In Your Wildest Dreams by Toni Blake and once again LOVED it and teared up. Anything Toni Blake is awesome in my book.
Also finished reading Remember the Alimony by Bethany True and found it to be a cute, fun contemporary romance read.
I'm also reading Haunted Wisconsin but don't know why because I've been freaking myself out reading it!

A super boring book for an exam at work. The type that make you doze off every paragraph.

I am reading A Storm of Swords from George R. R. Martin's series A Song of Fire and Ice.

Point of Origin, by Patricia Cornwell. I have read almost all of the Kay Scarpetta series, just out of order. Can't get enough!

I haven't read those translations.. maybe I will look for them both when I'm finished with this one again. Every time I've read it in the past, it's been for some Lit class or something school related, so I wanted to see if I'd enjoy it as much while reading it for myself :)

I'd recommend Fagle over Pope.

My class is just about to start reading Dracula. I wish I could say that I'm excited, but I'm not. Dracula is one of my favorite books, and I think listening to the idiotic remarks my class calls "commentary" will just about kill me.

I'm a clutter person, so I end up with books in different parts of the house that I'll pick up and read when I'm there. Right now, I've got 5 books going.
Kitchen: Gear for Your Kitchen by Alton Brown.
Living Room: The Watchmen graphic novel.
Work Bag: The Sanctuary Sparrow by Ellis Peters, #6 in the Brother Cadfael mysteries.
Bed Room: The Good Sex Bible and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Back