Big chocolaty fungus.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
Most of the time you get a case or three and it clears up and grows back in a couple weeks.

This one's going on four, she's a tough cookie. I see she is finally starting to get hair back. She's the only one I've had loose it in the whiskers so took a picture to share.

Attachments

• Fungus.jpg
    Fungus.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 298
Awe, such a poor, pretty girl! I hope she gets better soon, have you tried oral antibiotics?

I've got some oral drugs coming Tara for fungus. If she doesn't clear up, let me know and I'll shoot some your way.

Tis the season I guess. People get all excited about spring, all I do is complain about the freaking rain and humidity. It's like the fungus happy season - blech.

Awee the poor muffin. It's never fun to deal with, and a !@#$% to get rid of. I put my boys on the oral drugs and it worked the best, mostly because they had patches of missing fur in different locations and finding/treating it all locally was just too hard. I can imagine there would be some difficulty treating around the nose area as well.

Hope she gets better soon, she is still a gorgeous girl.

I'm sure you've probably had it checked out, but are you sure it's fungus?

I've seen wear patterns similar to that on chins that always stick their noses through the wire!

It might be a new breed you know.. the NNC, naked nosed chin.

She is gorgeous! even with her sore nose. I hope you get her all fixed up. Luckily I've never had to deal with fungus but I sure know what a pain it is just from other members posts. I feel for anyone having to go through it.

It was where I figured, once you get the ringworm stopped, the hair grows back amazingly fast.

Thanks for the comments everyone. :))

Attachments

• ChocolateF.jpg
    ChocolateF.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back