King Prolapsed--anyone have a survivor?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is still trucking along. Poop is still insainly soft. But getting a litter firmer every day. He is crazy thin. If we can just get over this last hurdle and he can start gaining weight we will be fine

I had a baby prolapse,she survived & won 1st. @ the Colorado state show this year.
Bob

His poops are almost normal and he seems to be eating on his own, I am still supplimenting with CC though as well

AS of Fiday he was down to 388 (scary huh?) Today he is up to 403. So we have hopefully turned another corner and may be on the home streach

Go King!!!!

Awesome job, Kristy!:notworthy: I'm glad all the hard work and long hours are paying off!

Great Kristy!! If anyone could do it, YOU CAN!!
Glad it worked out!

I didn't even know that could happen to chinchillas. Well, not that I thought it couldn't, it just never crossed my mind if it happens or not. I've only dealt with sheep and goat prolapses (anal and vaginal). They always just get a harness (like a wierd skeleton-of-a-diaper like thing) that holds in whatever is trying to get out after they're cleaned up from the initial prolapse and get all the other routine stuff like meds etc. Obviously, I don't think they have that for chins and they would probabaly chew it off anyways hah.

Sounds like if you can just get his weight up a bit he'll definitely be on the mends. I'd say to hang in there and keep going through this last stretch but I have a feeling you will regardless of what I write. You've come this far (a month!!) and done your best, really the best anybody could have. I'd consider that a huge accomplishment by its self.

Latest posts

Back