Your articles are wanted!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
ECBC is always looking for new and interesting articles and essay's on chinchillas or related items!

Would you like to help participate?

Great ideas would include art work, jokes, and of course articles. If the article is not written by you please include the information on where the article is from so proper credit can be given and copyright can be properly handled.

The Empress Breeder magazine is publish on a monthly basis and is included in an Empress membership. All types of chinchilla lovers are invited to join, you don't have to be a breeder or big rancher to enjoy and support this group that helps support and protect the chinchilla as we know it today.

I also wanted to add, what kind of articles would YOU like to see, please be specific such as affects of water quality on chins, instead of like diet. This will help get some good articles that are touching base on things that people want to know about!

Thanks!

71 people viewed this and not one wants to contribute or has a suggestion on good articles for information?!

Well I don't have a membership to Empress. I may consider it this year just to read the magazine. I do have a membership to the MCBA.

Without knowing what has been published in the past, I will throw you a suggestion.

How about a listing for reliable sources of good hay, ( be it Timothy, Orchard or a need for Alfalfa ) And if the source is cube or bale. And state by state please. Those that have been tried and tested to be a good source without complications. And notes from people such as consistancy of product, availabilty, etc. I believe it will be difficult to keep a price list with the cost of fuel rising.

Now I do understand big ranchers will have a realiable source. As a person with small numbers of chins I want to be able to tap into some better sources of hay. And perhaps ask someone coming to a show to bring along a bale or two if they find something good. I'd like to give my animals a nice orchard for variety.

Just a thought...........

Interesting... Although I don't know if that would be something that would be a running piece it could be something good, not only hay but feed, what are others using, and where are the getting it so people in their areas, etc can know.

I have excellent hay available at my TSC store. It's Timothy and always green and fresh.

The magazine consists of show information, seminar information, and articles that are submitted primarily by members and reprints of older articles that have useful information.

I'd like to see a little classifieds/barter section. Not everyone is on the forum, and people may be willing to bring supplies, etc. to shows.

I know that they currently have the breeder and article section, but you're thinking like a classified section like a newspaper?

what about something about health related articles? common issues with chins maybe? maybe have pictures with it?

and an idea related to what 6dusters said, what about an article explaining types of hay, why first cut is better than second or whatever.

maybe something about the different supplements out there for use and benefits they may have.

I know that they currently have the breeder and article section, but you're thinking like a classified section like a newspaper?

Yes. What came to mind was that a lot of forum folks will say, "I hope to find a nice ___ at the show." They could place a wanted ad and perhaps be able to set something up prior to the show.

Looking for more ideas for articles if anyone has some suggestions!

Laura, would you suggest that it be a free type deal? I can look into that and see what I can find out about the feasibility of it.

It doesn't have to be free...if they want a quality animal, I think a $5 or $10 ad fee is feasible.

I'm also working on doing some interview type things to submit to the magazine in the near future.

The magazine DOES offer classified, it runs $0.20 per word, and obviously needs to be submitted prior to printing for that month. Kathy is really good about getting back with you and you can contact her about ads for the magazine at: [email protected]

If you contact her you have plenty of time to get articles in the March volume of the breeder!

You can also put in ads for your ranch or supplies, they are reasonable.

1/8 page - $15
1/4 page - $30
1/2 page - $40
Full page - b/w - $50
Full page color - $100

Only ECBC members can advertise to SELL breeding stock, ECBC members can also be listed in the breeder directory of the magazine for $18 per year. This runs along side of your dues, so if you started now it would be pro-rated, and it would be due in the future when your membership is due.

Back