York Show 2010 Info

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked with Chris, we are able to set up Friday night again. So, for anyone who is getting into town on Friday and wants to help set up, head on over! I want to say they start about 5PM - I got there about 7 last year and everything was already done. I won't be making it in early this year, but thought I'd pass the word along.

And yay for fudge! Maybe we just didn't know what it was last time? I think I'll bring little menu cards so people can write what the dish is and who donated it.

TWO MORE DAYS!!!

I didn't know if Ralph and Barb were going to make it this year - I'm glad they are. Maybe I'll just pick some up at the show in May, that way I don't have to hassle anyone. :) I have enough to last until then.

I am so thankful when I look at the forecast for here for the weekend - 40's and 50's?! I will take that, then I won't worry my little head off about the chins the whole time!

Does anyone have any dust for sale? I forgot to get in touch with the Ryersons ahead of time and don't want to bother them - I just realized that I'm quite low.

Jan will be bringing extra dust. Just ask her Saturday if your still in need of some

Oh awesome I'll be sure to catch her and ask :)
My house purchase kind of consumed my life in February and March, I didn't even think to ask.

I can't wait! I'm now working 9-6 tomorrow instead of 11-8 so I can get home earlier and get everything set up for Sat morning instead of trying to rush around and get it done. Can't wait to see everyone!

Last edited:
Just finished the painting for the raffle! Gotta let it dry before framing it, but here's a sneak peak!

bvpainting.jpg

I'm bringing a donation for the raffle. Putting it in my bag NOW so that I don't forget it this time. :p
For those of you who are interested....here's a sneak peek.
It's a handmade bracelet. Double stranded with Swarovski crystals, cane glass and copper beads. *tempt, tempt*
These typically sell for between $60 and $70 apiece.

Attachments

• P4090643_resize.jpg
    P4090643_resize.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 16
  • P4090644_resize.jpg
    P4090644_resize.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 18
Results!

Champion female white: Poetrue
Champion male white: Kramer
Reserve champion male white: Shoots

Champion female sapphire: Ryerson
Reserve champion female sapphire: Ryerson
Champion male sapphire: Silkrhein

Champion female violet: Godin
Reserve champion female violet: Ryerson
Champion male violet: Ryerson
Reserve champion male violet: Pony Trail

Champion female beige: Humble Acres
Reserve champion female beige: Ryerson
Champion male beige: Ryerson
Reserve champion male beige: Shoots

Champion female standard: Shoots
Reserve champion female standard: Shoots
Champion male standard: Shoots
Reserve champion male standard: Shoots

Champion female black: Godin
Reserve champion female black: Vorse
Champion male black: Shoots

Champion female ebony: Pony Trail
Reserve champion female ebony: Ryerson
Champion male ebony: Ryerson
Reserve champion male ebony: Ryerson

The four Shoots' standards took champion and reserve male/female, the two males took grand show and reserve grand show, respectively.

First place baby derby: Kramer
Second place: Mt. Zion
Third place: Tom Hartley

I was busy dividing up ribbons when the breeder's awards were announced, but I believe Kramer, Godin, Pony Trail, Silkrhein, and Humble Acres were the five recipients, I just don't know what order.

I believe that is the right order, Mish. Godin and Pony Trail tied for third, though, so you may be missing a recipient.

had a blast at the show.

our baby std sc female got accident showed in the adult class, she received a 2nd because of size. but no biggie, i am keeping her back for another show.

our standard female took 1b
and our black velvet female took reserve black female.

so overall we did well. see everyone next year.

I don't have much for pics. I always bring my camera but then never think to actually take any. Here are the color section champs going for grand show. 73 and 76 are mine. The pw is Cheryl's, standard is Shoots, beige is Dee's, and I can't remember the rest

Attachments

• goingforgrandshowa.jpg
    goingforgrandshowa.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30
  • goingforgrandshow.jpg
    goingforgrandshow.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 24
  • myviolet.jpg
    myviolet.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 24
  • mygirl.jpg
    mygirl.jpg