WOW!! Like I didn't already have enough on my plate!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

Need to rant!!
Kind of hard to explain exactly what happened, but I sent my horse out for training and got her back three and a half months later and find out that she had only been ridden 7 times! Luckily I only had to pay for the times she was ridden and not for her board but when you have a certain expectation it can be a real disappointment. The mother is a friend who has trained a lot of horses in dressage, her daughter was supposed to train my horse and then hurt her back. When I suggested to the mother that she do the training she said it was the daughter's job. Then the daughter got another job and moved away. When the mother brought my horse back she told me, very much a novice that I could now ride my horse for about a month and then find another trainer. She had also several months earlier told me that she could not ride in her outdoor arena because it was to wet, (she hauled to an indoor arena) and yet when she brought her back she told me that I could ride my mare in my round pen which was way muddier that her arena.
Not only that, but my other mare, who I bought from the same trainer had decided to be a pill and does not want to leave the property to go for trail rides, even when her best buddy is with her. Trainer told me she was being bad and to give her a little smack with the dressage whip (this is an acceptable tool to use) thing is that when I did do that the horse started to rear on me.
So, now instead of having an enjoyable summer with just my little miniature horse to train. I have got three horses that I need to work with. I had not planned on getting my mare back for several more months and the other one was supposed to be the horse that I could ride off of the property and go for nice relaxing trail rides with my daughter. GGGGRRRRRRRR!!
This hit me really hard and has taken me a while to process it all. Finally picking myself up and have found a great new trainer who will come to my barn and work with the girls. But with starting my new business I did not need this as well!
The horses in the photo are starting from left, Chyna, Bresciana and Ben. Chyna and Bresciana are my lipizzan mares and we believe that Ben may be part lipizzan.

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 169
Sounds like you are gonna be super-busy!
You have beautiful horses... any pics of the mini??

Sounds like you are gonna be super-busy!
You have beautiful horses... any pics of the mini??

How many do you want? He is the cutest thing ever!! Imagine an oversized chinchilla with hooves who wants nothing more than to climb into your lap and give you kisses all day long and you have my Nike. First off do a search for Hydeway Ranch Toys Rusty Dancer and you will find his baby photos. Then click on his sire and grandsire's photos to see how gorgeous they are. He looks a lot like his grandsire. I will post another photo of him once I get my blades sharpened and clip off his winter coat. He is drop dead gorgeous!

Attachments

• Big Ben and LIttle NIke.jpg
    Big Ben and LIttle NIke.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Nike and his girl Lauren.jpg
    Nike and his girl Lauren.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 160
His name was Rusty when he came to us and there was no way I was going to call any horse Rusty because it means, well.... Rusty. If you look at his face you can see why he is called Nike.

Back