Would it work?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveningChin

So I've been thinking about finding a wheel or flying saucer. But both are on the expensive side.

My question is if I were to make a cover for it out of felt would a plastic saucer be ok?

Just a thought.

Those plastic saucers aren't big enough I don't think and they wouldn't support the weight of a chin bouncing around on them, it would topple over too easily

All good things to know. Thanks. But the felt lining is not a no?

I'm going to say no all the way around. Chins don't NEED wheels, so just save up and get a good one and prevent any problems, broken body parts, or ingested plastic or material.

They may seem expensive, but that is what comes with getting an exotic pet. A well cared for chin will live for more than ( sometimes double! ) 8 years, figure $80 / 8 yrs = $10/ yr, you have two chins, split that, and it's $5/per chin/yr. Plus they don't really lose much value if you decide to sell it.

I agree with everyone else...why wast 10-20 bucks a month when you can just save up and have something for the next 10 years that works!!!

The chins would probably shred the felt, anyway. It's not a very safe fabric option for chinchillas. I have 3 chin spins and they were well worth the money.

The chins would probably shred the felt, anyway. It's not a very safe fabric option for chinchillas. I have 3 chin spins and they were well worth the money.

I meant fleece. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back