Worried!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbles

Did someone say woood?
I came home today and saw a brown liquid on his wheel. Im pretty sure its diarrhea, could it be something else? The rest of his poops on his shelves and what not are solid, and normal...Could it be stress, because I just upgraded his cage? Please help, thanks

Are you sure that it isn't urine? Sometimes a chin's urine can be very concentrated and end up looking brown or even reddish in color. Get a tissue and soak it up and have a look at it. If he had diarrhea that bad, it would be all over his underside, as well. Take a look at him and see if he has runny diarrhea coming out of him.

I am hoping that it's just urine that you have seen and that he doesn't have liquid diarrhea since diarrhea is never good and liquid would tell you that there is something very, very wrong. Stress diarrhea is normally just squishy droppings and not liquid at all.

I have no idea because he pees on his fleece and i can't really see the color well. Is there any way i could tell?

the color you posted looks more like their urine. It can be anywhere from yellow to a dark reddish color.

Don't feel bad! This has happened to many of us before we got used to Chinnie pee. ..... Now once I posted pics of the scariest looking Poo I had ever seen from one of my chinnies. I was quite worried! .... It turned out to be a peed on pellet... :wacko:... I felt pretty silly!

Back