Working Mouth While Sleeping/Whisker Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
My young chin, Lenora, works her mouth while she sleeps. I am worried she is grinding her teeth though I don't notice any tooth problems. Do chins work their mouths while they sleep? She eats, chews etc. all normally.

My other new 6 year old rehomes are a bonded female pair. They get along fine. An occaisional bark or taking of a treat or toy by one of the other. But the white who seems more dominant has her whiskers chewed off I am assuming by the other chin. Is this normal?

Thank you all. I have more to learn from all here.

Normal and normal. I have chins who seem to be talking to themselves the whole time they sleep. I assume it's like a dog running when they dream.

I have one who looks like he is seizing on his side when he dreams-ears twitch, legs kick, he chirps, whiskers twitch!

Oh...I hate it when they do that!

Chins chew and kick and twitch in their sleep. Chirping is very rare, but I can see that one happening with a few of my chins here. hehe Bronco would make a beeping noise when he was on his side asleep, I thought he was the only one.

Frank will sometimes kack when he is asleep, scared the heck out of me the first time he did it since he is a only chin!

Yea I was looking at my Chloe's teeth when she was sleeping in her tube one day (I love the way she sticks her head out of the tube and you can see her teeth if you look underneath her) and she was grinding her teeth a bit. I wasn't sure if she was sleeping or not but then she started to twitch which I have seen her do many times while sleeping. All but one or two times I've ever heard her bark, I'll sit up/wake up and run to her cage and she'll be there all sleepy faced with half-shut eyes, laying down.

Back