Wooden Cage Accessories

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
Hi, I am expanding my chins current cage set up and was thinking of adding a small Manzanita branch. Is this type of wood safe for Chinchilla's? Do Chins like this type of branch to climb on?

Yes, manzanita is safe for chins. It's a really hard wood, with little bark, so it lasts a long time. It seems like chins prefer to chew on the barky, softer wood, so the branch will probably last a long time.

Manzanita is great for that! My crazy chewers love it to climb and chew on but it lasts a really long time. My other girls have barely nibbled their perch but they use it frequently.

I was just wondering who sells colored wood for toy making at bulk? I want to make Sedona some more toys but I think her cage looks too woody right now. I love bright colors!

I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I could ask it here. :thumbsup:

We did an add-on box to the Grey Boys' current cage and we used apple branches. The lower cage is accessible to the top by way of a cutout. The newer addition has some other accessories in it as well. The boys just love to hang out on those top ledges and use the branches to bounce around on. I need to get some more branches for two of my other newer cages and I'm thinking hazelnut this time b/c we've got three trees but I'll have to snag a few bigger branches when my hubby isn't looking, heh.

002-6.jpg

017-1.jpg

002-7.jpg

We did an add-on box to the Grey Boys' current cage and we used apple branches. The lower cage is accessible to the top by way of a cutout. The newer addition has some other accessories in it as well. The boys just love to hang out on those top ledges and use the branches to bounce around on. I need to get some more branches for two of my other newer cages and I'm thinking hazelnut this time b/c we've got three trees but I'll have to snag a few bigger branches when my hubby isn't looking, heh.

002-6.jpg

017-1.jpg

002-7.jpg

I want to be the chin that gets to live in that mansion of a cage.

Back