Wood Toy Makers To Speak At Shindig.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillasByDesign

Professional Cage Cleaner
We are looking for someone who would be willing to come to shindig this year to talk about wood. We want someone who knows how to pick out, clean, and bake wood and make wood toys. All you need to do is talk about the process and maybe do a demonstration. If you make fleece items as well that would be a bonus. This would be a good place for you to get your name out there and maybe even sell some of your items. Please contact me via my email address [email protected]. I would like to get the Shindig fliers and information out there soon so quick replies would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

You spoil all of my fun! :(

My son works for Disney Studios, I am sure we can get Gepetto. If he is busy we can ask for his son - you know the one with the long nose!

He may be fictional but at least he's a "real boy"! :)

If you guys were closer I'd do it. I think it would be neat and fun, but then again I don't have a public speaking issue, I know some people do! Hope you find someone, I bet they could make a lot of sales there!

When/where is the Shindig this year anyhow? Most likely wouldn't be able to go...and I don't ever have tons to sell LOL! But I really do enjoy chin activities and I'm sure SOMEONE out my way is attending? Mish maybe ;)

Shindig is in Auburn, IN on August 4th. I am just about to make a thread with the details. If you end up making it we can still fit you in as a seminar :) and just think you would even have a few months to stock up on items to bring.

I plan on going so I'll offer to carpool with anyone along the way as I am currently going by myself anyway. Someone who knows how to drive a stick would be a bonus too so that someone could help me drive and we could take turns napping...Wanted to go up and back same day so as to cheap out on paying for a room...would rather spend the $$$ on chinnies or chinnie stuff anyway. Stick driving knowledge not required though in exchange their job instead would be to keep me awake coming home LOL.

Last edited:
I'll be going Pittsburgh through OH and I know there are a ton of chinnie lovers in both states so if anyone is interested in sharing a ride just PM me...

Have you checked with ashley? She makes toys too. I'm out in MN, or else I would. Ha speaking of processing wood, i still have more to do blah

I think she means Ashley Gajda of NWI Chinchillas, goes by greychins here on the forum. She donated the wooden motor home at the National show in March, as well as one for our chapter show in April.

Latest posts

Back