Wood, drilled or whole? Sticks or other?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you like?

• I prefer whirlies and coins without holes.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I prefer whirlies and coins with holes drilled.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer whirlies and coins without holes as well as sticks.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I prefer whirlies and coins with holes drilled as well as sticks.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Riven

Bad Chin
Old habits die hard... my husband trimmed some trees back and I just couldn't bear to see it go to the burn pile so I have several batches of wood I'm going to finish processing this week and I am trying to figure what all I should do with it. In the past I've always drill my part but I've seen a lot of others sell them non-drilled. Also would love to hear input on sticks vs. other parts like coins and whirlies. I have parts cut, but I haven't done sticks yet. To me sticks are just a lot more work so I thought I'd get opinions on them too!

Last edited:
I preferred drilled whirlies and coins since it makes my job faster to make my own toys. Sticks are also preferable as a treat 4 times a week.

I always have sticks around for my chins. When I make toys, I usually drill wood myself because it usually saves me a couple bucks a pound.

My girls seem to prefer smaller random pieces to actual sticks. I generally have both but they'll dig through the sticks to find the smaller pieces then go back for the sticks once they're all gone. I think it's probably because the shorter, smaller pieces are easier to drag all over the cage. lol

Latest posts

Back