Wisconsin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
Sorry I wasn't sure where else to put this. But I live in Wisconsin and I've noticed there are not a lot of things involving chins here. I was wondering if any other Wisconsinite knows of chin related organizations/rescues?
The last time I even saw a chinchilla here was at Petco 10 years ago(thank goodness they stopped selling them).
This is purely based on curiosity, I'm not looking to adopt or give up any chinchillas.

You just missed the Wisconsin Chapter chinchilla show in October. There is also usually a learning seminar in Wisconsin. As far as rescues, not sure, hopefully someone else can answer that.

There are a few breeders scattered throughout the state (Rhinelander, Eau Claire, Waukesha, Dodgeville). I don't think there is an actual rescue at all, however some breeders take in rescues on occasion. There's a show held every October in Barneveld, WI which is just west of Madison. There is usually a field day or informational seminar in April at the same place, but this year it was cancelled. If you look in the shows thread there was one for the WI show last month, there were almost 200 animals in the show, plus a baby derby and silent auction.

Thanks for the information :) I'm glad to know Wisconsin isn't completely chinchilla-less.

I've asked around about this "Julie's Chinchilla Rescue" and haven't really found any info. They just recently popped up on CL in the last month. Personally I wouldn't really trust a rescue that is advertising for people to give them chins (or any animal) on CL. Especially with chins, there are too many BYB's that will throw any two animals together to try to make a quick buck. I hope I'm wrong though, and this person just really wants to help animals. Sadly, I know that there are "animal flippers" in this area, that take in unwanted pets and turn them around for profit :(

I'm in Southern WI and I'm from Eau Claire originally. :) The WI chapter of MCBA is lovely!!

I'm in Eau Claire (WI) and breed/show my chinchillas. I do take in occasional surrenders if people need help, but it isn't my main focus. The MCBA October show as well as the ECBC April Field Day show, are very fun shows to attend. They are both usually held at the same location in Barneveld (WI). :)

Back