Wiki website?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kogia

To be frank, the search function for this forum is something to be desired for. What is so great about this place is the amount of information that is hidden with all these threads.

Has anyone thought of compiling these into a easy-to-read, update, wiki? There are plenty of examples out there (including wikipedia). It would be great to have the wiki available to people out there (imagine! top hits on google!) and restrict editing to members of this forum?

I.e., there are dozens of threads dedicated to the merits of the FN cage. Why not one page with clear pros + cons of the cage, costs, sellers, pictures of user setups, etc?

There could be an interactive index of breeders too!

Has anyone thought of this, or I am I just alone in my weird, computer-sciency- geekiness?

EDIT: Would someone be interested in working on a wikibook? (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page_or_book)

I would totally be into doing this with a few people!

Last edited:
I don't think that restricting editing to members of the this forum would be ideal, just because someone is a member here doesn't mean they would provide sound information or suggestions, and also, what I do, isn't going to work for someone else, and not everyone acknowledges that. I think to do it, you'd have to get a group of volunteers to work on it that are knowledgeable.

>>> just because someone is a member here doesn't mean they would provide sound information or suggestions

True. If we go the wikibook route, anyone can edit and it can be continually updated. (Even people can write crazy crap like "OMGZZ CHINCHILLAAZZ!!!1!!!!!111elventy!!!11!!" much like wikipedia does). I'd be willing to set up pages so people can contribute (since I am a novice chinchilla keeper).

That, and I'm a sucker for sources of procrastination...

Latest posts

Back