Wife is Pregnant....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dom3rd

Ok so my wife is pregnant so should i take over the taking care of the Chins now or is it ok for her to handle and clean the cages as long as she can physically?

You could be nice and do it for her because she's going to get big as a house and be miserable. :) But, if you're asking if it's safe for her to do it, then yes, it is. Just like with anything else, she needs to wash her hands when she's done and she'll be fine.

I took care of mine and still am three weeks later. I came home from the hospital and cleaned cages before anything else actually. But then again there was no one I can trust to totally take over.

But it does get difficult and you're sooo tired some days. I'm sure your help would be very appreciated.

Last edited:
I cleaned cages the day my water broke. And I cleaned them the day I got out of the hospital. It was hard but my hubby has very little to do with the chinchillas. As long as there is no dr restrictions like bed rest it will be fine. It did take about 3 hours to do what I had done in an hour though so helping her would be nice and appriciated. Because some nights even just feeding and watering sucked beyond belief.

Back