WI MCBA & ECBC Spring seminar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of about 16 people right now. I haven't heard back from anyone on food at all yet, except Cat. I'm thinking I could make up a big batch of sloppy joes pretty easily and if you guys could brings sides, that would be great. (Quick - somebody claim chips before Wendy does!!! hehehe ;) )
Glad to hear you can make it, Sandi!! :D Is anyone coming up Friday night?
Laurie - Good luck with that move! So glad you are still coming. ;)

Well - there could be some special happenings Friday night, if anyone would like. ;) I will be at the shop until 6, most likely, but there is lots of evening after that. lol Oh - and a great brew pub in Mount Horeb. :D

I'm waiting to get a copy of my work schedule - I asked for that weekend off, but its never guaranteed until the schedule is posted. I'm fairly new to breeding and really looking forward to learning quite a bit from the discussions :)

~Barb~

I just wanted to post an update on the happenings for the upcoming seminar. Times for speakers are approximate.

9am set up

10am - Christoph Mans - teeth health/malocclusion, and other health questions - possibly including: feed, hay - what are we looking for? Supplement - how much/how little? Does it throw off the nutritional value of the feed?

11am - Randy Jagielo (& Christoph?)- the importance of water quality. Include info on colloidial silver and/or other water additives. I also have some friends who sell water systems that are setting up a table at the seminar and would love to contribute to the water conversation.

12pm - lunch and socializing

1pm - Wendy Torgerson - lighting and other research she's working on/reading

1:30 - Gene Adcock and helpers - Grooming, grading, pairing animals

I have to double check on the times we have the hall, but I think I told them 4pm as an end time.

Please bring questions relating to these topics as well as animals you would like graded - up to 5 at $1 each.
Free admission to WI group members, $10 for non-members.
$5 for lunch.

Talk to Wendy about raffle item donations to help get the WI ECBC Branch running again. So far I've heard of there being colloidal silver, a couple of gift baskets and a bale of shavings that have been donated. Maybe Wendy can update us on that.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you and enjoying a day full of great chin info!! :)

Does anyone attending have a female needing to have a collar put on? I have a demo I would like to do on collars also if someone can bring a female and a collar.

Sandi, Kristy and I are riding up together, but we're still not sure if we're heading up Friday night yet!

Oh, I am soooo far behind!!

Cat & Bill are donating a hay bin with Oxbow Timothy hay for the raffle!! Many thanks to them, and other generous contributors! Remember to bring "spare cash" for the raffle!! :)

Ok, I can't come up Friday night but I'm heading up north at the crack of dawn! I'm glad that they will be discussing teeth issues in chins. I'm hoping to get a good nights rest the evening before so that I can be attentive. Brenda, if I don't hear from you by Friday the 16th since I'm sure you will be super busy, I'll send you a pm.

Brenda do you have a copy of the presentation on teeth that Chris gave at the Shindig?

Yep - we passed out copies that Chris made for us at last summer's meeting. I may have a few extras around yet. If I can find them, I'll bring them along, too.

Sounds good, Sandi! Just remind me if I dont' get back to you on a count. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back