Who's That Hedgie?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NiGHTS-Chan

I'd like to hear your hedgies names and why you chose that name.
=3

I've only had one, Carmen.
Truth be told, I don't know why I chose that. At first, I was going to name her Harley, like Harley Quinn because she has such a dark mask, but when I saw her, she just seemed like Carmen.

Teasel - my first hedgehog and even though he never raised a quill, he reminded me of those big thistles, called teasels, that grow in our field.

Snowflake - We named her Snowball because she is albino. She never curled into a ball so the name got changed to Snowflake and then just Snow.

Freckles was a snowflake with very narrow bands on his banded quills. It gave him a freckled appearance.

Peaches was a cinnicott and such a sweet girl peaches just fit.

Smokey was a dark gray with black mask and Smokey fit. Plus my daughter already had a Bandit so Smokey and the Bandit. :laughitup:

Maggie May was named after the song by Rod Stewart. No clue why, but that song plays almost every night on the radio in their room.

Kei means white in african and she was albino.

Kendi is Kei's daughter and Kendi is also an african name.

Kesia was Kei's daughter and means precious in african.

Kaida is Kesia's daughter and means favourite one.

Pixie (RIP) was such a tiny little gal and reminded me of a little Pixie. The name did not suit her when she was grown as she was a big gal.

More coming but I have to head out.

Kenji - He's named after Michael Kenji Shinoda from Linkin Park. I have a habit of naming certain inanimate objects, and the trend lately has been to name them after Linkin Park members, which is my favorite band. My Laptop is Hahn (their DJ), my iPod is Bourdon (their drummer), my cell is Chester (cause it's so loud and obnoxious sometimes, and that's their singer), my external hard drive is Phi, (Bassist). I'm just missing something to call Brad!

Nothing I own made me think of Shinoda until Kenji came home. *Shrugs* Silly I know.

Hemi - I'm a muscles car girl all the way, and I thought "Hemi" would be an awesome name for a pet. When I watched her motor quickly across the floor, I figured Hemi was a perfect name for her.

Cuda - This is the name of a car, the Barracuda. I thought it would be a great name to go along with Hemi. I found out that it was very amusing to tell people that I kept a Hemi 'Cuda in my bedroom.

Vette - Adam named her, in the tradition of using car names. Her name is short for "Corvette", but we felt Vette was a more feminine alternative.

Kismet - I came across her by chance, and I'm convinced that fate had something to do with it. Kismet means "happy occurrence", which is exactly what she was.

Chance - He was given this name by his rescuer's family. I don't know their reasoning, but I can only imagine it has something to do with the big risk/chance they took to remove him from his abusive situation. They gave him a second chance.

I sort of picked a theme and stuck with it. Here are my hedgies names and colors:

Ollie-White bellied grey
Millie- Algerian Chocolate white
Tiggie-Algerian Chocolate
Teddie-Algerian Brown Pinto
Macie- Algerian Dark grey pinto
Sullie- Algerian dark grey snowflake
Kallie- Algerian dark cinnamon
Kiwie-Algerian Grey pinto

I kind of just like the 'ie' endings and then I just picked names that suited their color and personality :)

I had a hedgie naming contest in my classroom with photos. 2 staff members picked Tank and Winston, and after watching him be so scared and timid for the first few weeks, Winston seemed much more appropriate than Tank. The third option was Stortini, named after a hockey player for the Oilers. The girl is a huge Oliers fan, adn he is her favorite player

Kendra

Aero (RIP)- I was where Aeropostale and Victoria Secret.. And I couldnt think of a name while I was at the vet so guess which won..

Rosa Parks- The kid who had "her" before named "her" that. He thought it would be funny to name a lighter colored hedgehog Rosa Parks. Once I saw "her" and told the kid she was a he, the kid got upset and didnt want him anymore. I couldnt find anythign that fit. Rosa P just stuck.

Needler- Mom named him. Said he shook and popped like the gun the Needler on Halo.

Cavalier- He is an albino. And I wanted to gived him a "white" name but didnt want a typical white name. So after a month I realized I have had to Chevy Cavaliers which were both white. So he got the name Cavalier.

Thorne(RIP)- I had been saving that name for a boy hedgie for a while. We came up with it on Cnq for Rosa but it didnt fit for him but it fit for this old boy. So I gave him the name Thorne.

Honey(RIP)- She was sooo sweet.

Irwin (RIP) - named after Steve Irwin. The name fit because he was quite the little adventurer and explorer, and he was totally fearless. Unfortunately, like his namesake, he died early. :(

Ronnie - She came to me with this name. I thought of changing it, but it had been her name for 4 years already. Now I really like it and think it suits her.

Phoebe - the name means "bright & shining" which she certainly is. She also has kind of a funny, scatter-brained way about her that reminded me of Phoebe from Friends.

:heart: Daisy(RIP)- my first little hedgie girl, got her name because she was as pretty as a flower! and i just liked that name lol.

Lulu- i was originly going to name her tulip, but when i got her i just started calling her "lulu" for short, and now thats pretty much her name :thumbsup: and a perfet name it is! hehe

Kipper - Because his first object of attachement in the first few days I had him, was a tiny fist-sized calgary flames jersey and so he got the name of the goalie.

Mirabelle (RIP) - Mike Wasowski just seemed so wrong for this elderly rescue. She was a sweet little old lady who needed a knitter's name.

Hector (RIP) - Because of Trojan legends, the name belonged to a brave warrior. This suited him because of his very rough beginnings and he proved to be quite a fighter once he came to live in our home.

Ms. Annabelle Oswald (RIP) - Named by the SPCA as Oswald since they believed her to be a him. Kept the name and gave her something sophisticated and elegant as she was a real lady.

Cedrick - Rescued from the SPCA and was named Sonic. We kept what we could of that name ("Sss" and "Ic") but he really needed something more personal.

Mr. Humphrey Hufflelump - His surrendering owners said he was named "Hufflelump" because he was always huffing. He seems not to huff much around me as long as let him have run of the house and eat as much as he wants. However I liked Winnie the Pooh as a kid and remember the hefflelump so he keeps his name and when he is being especially brave he goes by just Humphrey.

I chose Luna because that was a favourite name of mine since I was 11. I was kind of inspired by the Secret Of Mana video game for SNES and my love of the moon and all that. It was a really cool fantasy game. That's my nerdy side hehe.

Kishana was a combination of two different names. My ex couldn't pick between the two names and I mashed them together and came up with either Kiashi or Kishana. I would have preferred Kiashi but she was supposed to be his so that was what she was stuck with. I've gone back to calling her Kishi, it's alot easier and suits her way more.

Izzy was named for the other guitar player on Guns N' Roses. I decided to go with that since Slash is kind of a manly name and Izzy can go either way. Luna was named Slash for a few days before I found out she was a girl. :p

Back