Who's dressing up for Halloween?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

chinchuckles
Since I live in Boston and there's not much trick or treating, I'm going to a show with my friends this weekend for Halloween. I'm heading to goodwill today to see what I can find for a cheap costume. I think I should be a chin burglar :) What's everyone else being?

I won't be dressing up, but my kids will be trick or treating, and although we've procrastinated and not given it much thought yet, I did wake up this morning thinking my zombie obsessed boys should dress up as zombies.

Me!! My boyfriend and I are going out this year and we are gonna be zombies.. ;)

I started off with the idea to sew a hedgehog costume, but my time is getting eaten by other things.

So now I'm working on a quick version for this year: using safety pins to attach fairly wide felt "quills" to the back of a hooded sweatshirt. On the plus side, the pinning version will allow me to figure out if I like how it looks - try a few different quills sizes and attachment patterns - until I'm happy with it. I figure once it looks right, I can stitch it together for next year. Though this year's will just be the fat quills in the first pinning arrangement I thought up.

Myself and my Fiance have Ghostbuster costumes. :) I don't have my proton pack yet but it'll do. we've got tickets to go watch the movie on Monday :)

Hosting a Halloween party at my house. I'll be red riding hood. Not sure what the husband is going to be. He keeps saying he's working on it. Well the party is Saturday so he better hurry up.
You should see my house. I've decorated for two weeks. :wacko:

My friends are hosting a paty... I still need costume ideas. Hoping I can find something cheap.

Oh my gosh I love all these ideas. Smhufflepuff, I kind of really want to see a picture of the hedgehog costume once you get it done!

When I went to goodwill yesterday I just bought the first thing I saw in my size, a red dress that actually is kind of nice looking, for $8. Not sure what I'm going to do with that, but I guess we'll see. Maybe I"ll wear it with my Betty Boop sneakers and just be her :)

All of my co-workers think I should go as Flo from the Progressive commericals. LOL

Goodwill is awesome for costumes! That's where I'm going to get my shirt and skirt to rip up for my zombie... :p

I'm not dressing up, but I'm dressing my baby up as a gnome. I made her costume and it is hilarious!

That sounds so cute Alli. You should definitely post a picture!!!

I just bought a costume today (wasn't cheap) as a beer maid. I know, it's very cliche and I had a hard time settling for one of those "woo girl" costumes but there were two and one was a pair of shorts and a glorified sports bra. I chose not to have my torso hanging out and went with a dress one with stockings. I didn't think it was vulgar, which is what I was afraid of.

My other option is going as Marilyn Monroe. I have this almost white colored halter dress with pleated skirt. I have blond hair and red lipstick...voila! The dress is actually not a costume--I wear it normally. Sometimes repurposing your clothes can give you another costume option, and it's free! So take a deeper look in your closet.

I am either wearing lederhosen (if I can find it), or I am going as a hipster. I can get some thick rimmed glasses, cardigan, obscure band t-shirt, tight jeans, and slip-on shoes fairly easily... What else do I need? A scarf? Zip-up hoodie? skinny tie on a polo shirt?

We had a Flo at work today, as well as:

A group as a chinese new year dragon
A group as facebook friends with cardboard cutouts that looked like a profile
Two groups (surprisingly) as Clue characters
A group as Occupy Wallstreet although instead of Wallstreet it was our company
A trio dressed as the Queen Mother, Camilla, and Prince Charles
A group dressed as Angry birds and pigs (this was our executive team in tights and feathers)
A flashmob group that totally interrupted the presentation (hilairous) complete with someone who was late
Homer and Marge Simpson
Pinhead
Frankenstein
Four girls went as each queen from a deck of cards
5 people dressed up as breakfast cereals - "breakfast club"
Yogabbagabba
Pippy Longstocking
Hockey goalie
Witches
A group went as the cowboys with huge hats from the insurance commerical
Woody and the girl cowboy (I can't remember her name...)

Last year a group made huge paper bags and went as Fandango characters, one person went as Mr. Potato head and another group went as "Will Ferrel's greatest hits" and each one dressed as him from a different movie...

We have really good contests - the top two individual winners today won an iPad 2 and the other won a free round trip airline ticket.

I am either wearing lederhosen (if I can find it), or I am going as a hipster. I can get some thick rimmed glasses, cardigan, obscure band t-shirt, tight jeans, and slip-on shoes fairly easily... What else do I need? A scarf? Zip-up hoodie? skinny tie on a polo shirt?

I wonder if people might just mistaken you for an actual hipster who decided not to dress up. But yeah either wear a zip up hoodie or a plaid shirt over the tshirt. Have a folded bandana hanging out of your back pocket.

-A fellow hipster

We had a Flo at work today, as well as:

We have really good contests - the top two individual winners today won an iPad 2 and the other won a free round trip airline ticket.

That's amazing!! And some really good costumes...I wonder who won. I think I'd be planning a costume all year long if I worked where you do.

Back