whole wheat pasta

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I picked up a box of whole wheat rotini pasta. I know a few give their chins pasta as a rare treat. Was wondering if this was the right kind & Do u give them a whole piece?

Actually, my chins don't like short pastas, they prefer long ones, like spaghetti. He can eat the entire piece of spaghetti if I let him, but I normally only give him a third of the spaghetti.
I think 1 rotini should be fine.

ok thanks........maybe i will try it and just cook up the rest for me. next time i will get the spaghetti. just trying to mix it up a bit!

I don't know, Michelle. I'd be leary of adding things that we KNOW they don't need. There are a lot of treats that are safe, which I know you know all of those. Adding additional stuff just makes me ask, "What benefit would this give the chin?" or "Is this for my benefit or theirs"? Ya know?

yeah.......that is true. maybe i will just stick with their nightly 1/2 a shredded wheat and herb mix............can't go wrong with something 9 chins sit at the front of their cage and beg for like cute little doggies!!

Very true! Plus, the more variety in their diet, the more you're asking yourself, "Could it have been_____?" if one of them were to have digestive problems.

After seeing a few people on here giving whole wheat spaghetti I tried giving it to my boys, probably about a quarter each. One loved it, the other just looked at it, then at me like what the heck are you trying to give me?! I've only given it a few times but it sounds ok as a treat for those rare occasions.

Shel, I give pasta as a treat. Usually we break spaghetti and give them a small piece. Sometimes when Stewart gives it to them he'll give rotini, but he breaks it in half. Mine love it, but this is something they get like once a month as opposed to daily with a dried rose rip or apple sticks.

Latest posts

Back