Who here has Etsy stores?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gella

I like surfing Etsy and would love to check out your cool stuff, doesn't have to be chin/hedgie related :)

Also, I'm probably going to set one up for TheFuzzDepot and make people stuff out of fleece as well as selling some extra stuff from my website. How do you like Etsy? Is it easy to use? How does it compare to Ebay, etc?

Hey I actually have two of them lol
http://InuInspirations.etsy.com is dog and cat stuff for now
http://CamphorChins.etsy.com is my chinchilla stuff

I really like etsy. Personally I think it's way better than ebay. I mean, it's going to be different. Etsy is all handmade except for supplies and vintage. Ebay is whatever crap anyone wants to sell.
I think that the fees on etsy are lower as well. It's 20 cents to list something and then it stays up for 4 months. Then they get I think a 3.5% fee of the selling price when it sells. So you need to take those fees into account when you price something because then paypal will also take off a chunk.
So far I've had good experiences with it. It helps my dog and cat stuff get noticed so I don't have to set up an online store right now.
There's a forum that I like to go visit.
As far as things not relating to exotic pets, you have to promote your butt off or else you won't get seen since right now the search results are by newly listed, not relevancy. But if you list chin things, there aren't very many sellers right now. It's me and a couple other people.

I was in the process of setting one up when I got pregnant, and it really took a backseat to preparing for the baby! Hopefully I'll be able to resurrect it once I'm done with my nesting! :)

I didn't snap one before I sent it off - maybe I can ask to borrow a pic.

Here's what I might be putting up there
Picture9-2.png

Though it still need some tweaking, since I didn't have a serger.

Deena, you might be getting prototype round 2 :).

I'm going to be running a couple etsy sites soon, I'm pretty excited. One is for bonsai and the other is going to be for my boyfriend's mother's art prints. I toured around the site and it definitely seems to be the place for "art" and fine crafts, whereas most ebay stores are factory made goods that people sell for a company or just use as an online garage sale.

I must say Alli I can't wait to get a dog because your collars and leashes are so cute!

Gella, that scarf is so cute! I think your things would sell really well on etsy.

Would you be selling the actual bonsai trees? I love bonsai. I tried to find some on there once and there aren't many at all. That'd be awesome if you sold some, I'd want to buy one.

What's a serger?
It's a machine that makes that 'finished' edge inside hems of clothes. It helps a lot with stretch and keeping things from coming apart. Since I'm only working with fleece and I don't really need to hem it to keep it from fraying, I was thinking a serger would be great for decorative edging as well as holding those striped parts together.

Would you be selling the actual bonsai trees? I love bonsai. I tried to find some on there once and there aren't many at all. That'd be awesome if you sold some, I'd want to buy one.

Yep. My friend Victor is a Bonsai Master (he used to run a store in the Flower District in Manhatten) and he's trying to expand his market to online to reach more people. I'm trying to be his "Bonsai Apprentice" right now, and he's pretty computer illiterate so I told him I'd help him out with the computer if he trains me in "his ways" lol.

I half opened one. I made one, but it's not open yet ;) Haha. I will have to focus on school and then maybe start something in a couple of months time. Etsy's getting very popular now, isn't it? I LOVE the idea.

There are other venues similar to etsy like artfire.com shophandmade.com but I think so far etsy is the best and is the easiest to navigate.

I love Etsy! I don't have a store, but I have bought stuff off of there. Everything is so nice!

Latest posts

Back